• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I think it is time for a hiatus…

Bias bothers me. Let’s just be honest about gear so people can make the best decisions with the limited money they have, and get after a big one.

As far as affiliations idk about that never have, until bias is involved.

Lord willing, let’s get on some gear and deer now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bias bothers me. Let’s just be honest about gear so people can make the best decisions with the limited money they have, and get after a big one.

As far as affiliations idk about that never have, until bias is involved.

Lord willing, let’s get on some gear and deer now.

I’m bias I love a sit drag never been in a mantis and not real happy with my Kestrel. But prostaff I’m not. When I say I love my sitdrag I’m not lying but @redsquirrel would swear I’m lying or crazy. Everyone is bias when you like something your bias towards it. That’s just how it is.

See you in a tree, Ricky

I’m bias I love a sit drag never been in a mantis and not real happy with my Kestrel. But prostaff I’m not. When I say I love my sitdrag I’m not lying but @redsquirrel would swear I’m lying or crazy. Everyone is bias when you like something your bias towards it. That’s just how it is.

See you in a tree, Ricky
I don’t want to misquote him but I’m pretty sure Redsquirrel called the sit drag a torture device.
Ricky my opinion may be biased at times. You should never take my advice because I loved the kestrel and it’s the baseline that I base my opinion f other saddles on. You had a strong dislike for it. I didn’t hate the sit drag.

I don’t want to misquote him but I’m pretty sure Redsquirrel called the sit drag a torture device.
Ricky my opinion may be biased at times. You should never take my advice because I loved the kestrel and it’s the baseline that I base my opinion f other saddles on. You had a strong dislike for it. I didn’t hate the sit drag.

That was exactly my point. We all are different and tell guys what we think and at that exact point we are technically promoting a certain brand that we are biased towards.

See you in a tree, Ricky

The community here began as guys finding their way in saddle hunting, sharing ideas, experience and failures. That same energy and enthusiasm will overcome these growing pains. I joined this forum to be surrounded by others crazy like me, hunting from a diaper, as non- saddlers like to say. So take a break, let's go scouting, use that new smoker, buy some secret hunting gear,lol. Your friends here, will welcome you, when ready.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Quote of the year right there Scoutman!

See you in a tree, Ricky

I was thinking more like bias toward a product because of affiliation or ownership, like saying my saddle is the best on the market even though it is flawed. Sounds like you prefer one thing over the others.

Good luck hunting

I was thinking more like bias toward a product because of affiliation or ownership, like saying my saddle is the best on the market even though it is flawed. Sounds like you prefer one thing over the others.

Good luck hunting

There will always be some brand loyalty even from guys that aren’t on someone’s staff. A lot of these guys own one saddle and they bought it because they truly believe it’s the best out there. Even if they are wrong they continue to reccomend it to stay under the illusion that they made a good decision.
Here’s what @ckossuth has to say about a year ago.
3C43846D-2382-4F19-AC33-EC2E339527BF.jpeg

Doesn’t sound overly biased to me.

There will always be some brand loyalty even from guys that aren’t on someone’s staff. A lot of these guys own one saddle and they bought it because they truly believe it’s the best out there. Even if they are wrong they continue to reccomend it to stay under the illusion that they made a good decision.
View attachment 23712

The real MJ spent a year riding the bus with the Birmingham White Sox, so if you ever feel like returning to your roots...

View attachment 23712

No that’s not bias. Good quote .

I remember a time when Larry Bird had 3 triple/doubles in the same series against the Portland Trailblazers.

I remember a time when Larry Bird had 3 triple/doubles in the same series against the Portland Trailblazers.
Idk that I remember that far back but I remember he pistons murdering jordan in the late 80 early 90 era before they got Rodman in chicago

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Speaking as a civilian on this matter, I think it's fine for vendors / vendor reps to comment on anything as long as it's obvious under their avatar or signature line that they are vendors / vendor's reps. We can all judge then if they are biased or at least be aware of any biases they have. Honestly, I don't even understand all these designations (pro staff / field staff / vendor rep / whatever). I don't know if some are paid or some get free stuff or what.

So, I do think it's important to know the affiliations so you can filter them out (in your mind) if you want just a regular hunter's opinion. But, I don't think they should be prevented from commenting. We're all big boys and girls.....we can make up our own minds. I prefer more opinions and conversation vs. less.
THIS

Idk that I remember that far back but I remember he pistons murdering jordan in the late 80 early 90 era before they got Rodman in chicago

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Didn't take until they got Rodman, they swept the Pistons off the court while The Worm was still wearing the red, white, and blues. They picked him up for their second trifecta...96-98.

Im pretty new here so I didn't witness the growing pains but I know if I want to read good informative threads or read about people being creative and trying new things it's best to start with the oldest posts and work forward. There is to much redundancy withing the last couple years

Same Here. I have stalked for a couple of years on here before finally joining. I have read and learned so much from the old timers (LOL) on here and hate to see what is going on. But everyone comes to the fork in the road and has to make there choice which one to take. I wish you luck and good fortunes!!

Back