• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Too soon? Phantom attempt DIY

Looks great , could you use one, just with one set of loops ? One set to do lineman and bridge duty ?
I think you would loose some of the rigidity in the "chassis" of the saddle without the linemans loop webbing wrapped around the saddle, so you would probably still need to add that, even if you left out the linemans loops.

The saddle came in at 19oz, so I think I was pretty close on the measurements. Those dam tungsten ball bearings pushed me over the edge.

Looks great. I was planning on giving this a go as well. Gathering materials now. I want to get a couple of friends into saddle hunting that really cant afford a commercial one. I was thinking if I can make a usable one for myself I'd let one of them use my Mantis. Did you get your webbing from DanO?

Looks great. I was planning on giving this a go as well. Gathering materials now. I want to get a couple of friends into saddle hunting that really cant afford a commercial one. I was thinking if I can make a usable one for myself I'd let one of them use my Mantis. Did you get your webbing from DanO?
No sir. DanO's a great source, but I went through Amazon for the webbing this time around.

Had to give it a go. Turned out ok. Little messy on the nodes in the bridge loops. Still waiting on hardware.
This thing is comfy though. Once again, the Tethrd folks have outdone themselves with an excellent design. I know I didn't do it justice here, but attempts at mimicking still count towards being the greatest form of flattery!
10aafe9a6a8948f5ca73fe09d8659dd3.jpg
23b443985f7349e467bb9b06d3f13c21.jpg

126bb8469207fedcc8774a253d1dc611.jpg

Wow, Pretty dang nice first attempt!!!

What are the final measurements? And have you sat in it yet?
Sat in it for 3 hours today. Its very comfortable.
The measurements for the one I made ( the mesh) are 28 inches long by 12 inches high. The ends of the mesh curve down to 6 inches to where they terminate. The linemans loops are 9 inches long and the bride loops are 20 inches.

BTW, I have no idea what the actual real deal saddle measurements are. These are just what I came up with.

Trying my hand at it as well. Work in progress. Also...This is only my second time sewing, so we will do a lot of ground level testing. Yours looks awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_145405899_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200118_145405899_HDR.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20200118_172151395_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200118_172151395_HDR.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20200118_190902582_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200118_190902582_HDR.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 215
Sat in it for 3 hours today. Its very comfortable.
The measurements for the one I made ( the mesh) are 28 inches long by 12 inches high. The ends of the mesh curve down to 6 inches to where they terminate. The linemans loops are 9 inches long and the bride loops are 20 inches.

Used roughly the same. Been trying it in it in the basement. Was convinced there was no way this would be comfortable...I was wrong. Leaning or sitting it doesn’t ride up. Most surprised in how nice it is to sit in. Also really like the new leg strap connection points. Tethrd has a winner here! Nice work on ours BTW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back