• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Phantom vs. WE Yarak?

Hmmmmmm..........enkriss has a Yarak..........flinginairos has a Phantom...................

If someone wants to mail me a Flex or Yarak for a few days I’ll do a video comparison between them and the Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to see that video. I was sold on the Flex until the phantom came out. Now on the fence. I just want the most comfortable saddle.

I would love to see that video. I was sold on the Flex until the phantom came out. Now on the fence. I just want the most comfortable saddle.

There is no possible way by design that the phantom could be more comfortable than the Kestrel Flex
I have a flex it’s like sitting in one of the trampoline material chairs. Feels Great!

I will be ordering one when they come out. I will compare it to my Yarak. I am not exactly sold on the pleat design and I like the easy to adjust the bridge with the phantom. My webbing bridge takes some effort to adjust. The phantom looks pretty small top to bottom which is my only concern. Otherwise I think it looks fantastic.

There is no possible way by design that the phantom could be more comfortable than the Kestrel Flex
I have a flex it’s like sitting in one of the trampoline material chairs. Feels Great!

The same could be said about the sit drag couldn’t be as comfortable as a kestrel. @ImThere found the sit drag to be more comfortable. All of our bodies are built different and saddle fit is a very personal thing. More material is a sign of more comfort but not a hard rule. I recommend that everyone sit in as many models by as many manufacturers as they can and by the most comfortable that has the safety features they are looking for.

The same could be said about the sit drag couldn’t be as comfortable as a kestrel. @ImThere found the sit drag to be more comfortable. All of our bodies are built different and saddle fit is a very personal thing. More material is a sign of more comfort but not a hard rule.

Ricky will get a flex eventually

Is the Phantom better for "sitting", compared to the Mantis, and as good as the Flex?

Better than the Mantis for sure both sitting and leaning. I can’t compare to the Flex. I have sat in one but it was just for a few minutes.

Is the Phantom better for "sitting", compared to the Mantis, and as good as the Flex?

I haven’t sat in a phantom, but after sitting in a flex I’ll never venture that way lol

I haven’t sat in a phantom, but after sitting in a flex I’ll never venture that way lol

After reading through this thread something tells me you think highly of the flex lol...... everyone has their own preferences! my father in law has a flex and he let me use it the rest of the season I took it on one hunt and went back
to my sit drag lol it was comfortable but I couldn’t stand that fabric or the adjustable rope bridge, or the leg buckles! My comfort requirements are pretty low I guess lol.

Nope. Not after the threads with them having holes in them. Unless they got that fixed. I’m out.

See you in a tree, Ricky

They changed the manufacturing as soon as the kestrel flex issues thread showed up
Sophia also agreed to fix any saddle with issues
She’s top notch
The new flex have another layer of cord urs and updated stitch as well as doing away with the black liner inside of it

So @DaveT1963 has a review of the phantom on his channel. It is pretty interesting

I am not sure if I can post the video. I will post it below and the moderators can kill it if it is illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They changed the manufacturing as soon as the kestrel flex issues thread showed up
Sophia also agreed to fix any saddle with issues
She’s top notch
The new flex have another layer of cord urs and updated stitch as well as doing away with the black liner inside of it

I will have to call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great video
Very informative
Well spoken Dave
I see the cupping action
I just looks so much like a tree speedo due to how narrow it looks

So basically an inner and outer layer similar to the kestrel?

I have t seen it
Debbie told me it will have another layer of cordura and still flex
Mine has worn great for the hours I’ve logged in it but the black coating inside shows some wear so they’re updating it free

Back