• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

20 extra inches while 1 sticking

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Im always trying to figure out a away to lessen the number of times I move my stick when 1 sticking. I watched a video of the LWCG fellas and their wire aider, and figured if I put that on top, I could use it as a handle to pull my stick up. Work great, and is slides down into the stick when im not using it. Allows me to use the full length of the stick to climb, instead of having to only use the bottom step due to the inability to reach the stick to move it. This can be applied to any stick I think.

Going to swap it out for a coated wire, but this is what it looks like:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-221552_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-221552_Gallery.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 389
Very interesting, know what I’m doing tomorrow.

Im always trying to figure out a away to lessen the number of times I move my stick when 1 sticking. I watched a video of the LWCG fellas and their wire aider, and figured if I put that on top, I could use it as a handle to pull my stick up. Work great, and is slides down into the stick when im not using it. Allows me to use the full length of the stick to climb, instead of having to only use the bottom step due to the inability to reach the stick to move it. This can be applied to any stick I think.

Going to swap it out for a coated wire, but this is what it looks like:

Did u get the wire aider from LW? I emailed them a while back when I saw them from ATA and they said they wouldn’t be available to the public til March?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I ordered 1/8 coated stainless steel cable (100ft) from Amazon. I use the uncoated to secure trail cameras on public land, so I have the crimping loops. Its the same stuff a lot of companies use on their hang on stands.

No. I ordered 1/8 coated stainless steel cable (100ft) from Amazon. I use the uncoated to secure trail cameras on public land, so I have the crimping loops. Its the same stuff a lot of companies use on their hang on stands.

Roger that thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea I would like to try it out.
What I’m trying to visualize is how does this help you reach the cam cleat or versa button to but slack in your rope/strap to move up the tree ?
I must be doing something wrong because without reaching my cam cleat to free up the rope I couldn’t advance the stick up the tree.
Do you leave enough slack in your rope that you don’t need to readjust it each time ?

@always89y I'm starting to worry, Are you not able to sleep? I thought I was consumed with this stuff, but you are on a different level all together right now.
Nah, just in my annual super lull. Post season ,no field work happening right now, lots of Home Office work. So, I have free time. I've never been of much of a sleeper though. 4 or 5 hours a night For as long as I can remember.

What I’m trying to visualize is how does this help you reach the cam cleat or versa button to but slack in your rope/strap to move up the tree ?
I must be doing something wrong because without reaching my cam cleat to free up the rope I couldn’t advance the stick up the tree.
Do you leave enough slack in your rope that you don’t need to readjust it each time ?
I've always kept the tag end of my stick rope strung over the top step. When I'm ready to advance the stick I just pulled the tag end and pop it out of the Cam with my boot. Pretty easy.

I have never used the versa button and Daisy chain so I can see how this would be an issue for that method

I've always kept the tag end of my stick rope strung over the top step. When I'm ready to advance the stick I just pulled the tag end and pop it out of the Cam with my boot. Pretty easy.
Ok I understand now I’ll give that a try
Thank you

Back