• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf custom aider on beast stick “video attached”

Also very curious about this! I have thought about ordering the components to make a cable aider, I’d like to maintain the 22” spacing for consistency purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also very curious about this! I have thought about ordering the components to make a cable aider, I’d like to maintain the 22” spacing for consistency purposes.

I agree. I’ll probably do 22” spacing.

I’ve done it on two of them. It was super easy and they work great. I’m stealth stripping them and have done a bunch of modifications on my mobile set ups. Mostly with my lone wolf assault tree stand. I’ll post with pictures when I finish.

I just replaced the bottom bolt (1/4”) with a grade 8, 1/4” x 2.5 bolt. I added a nylon spacer. The bolt stuck out a little and caused problems stacking. I cut about three thread lengths off the bolt reassembled and they work and stack great.
Also, testing the cable aider out in the back yard only....seems way better than the tubular webbing CAYG aider I used last season. These cable aiders are SO MUCH more user friendly.

I’m pretty excited about how I’m using this set up. I’ll try and add a video when I complete it.

That’s great to hear! I am excited to see your setup, and overall opinion once you have more experience with the modification.

Can you post pictures of the sticks with the cable aider? Sounds like a great setup

Awesome
I’ve done it on two of them. It was super easy and they work great. I’m stealth stripping them and have done a bunch of modifications on my mobile set ups. Mostly with my lone wolf assault tree stand. I’ll post with pictures when I finish.

I just replaced the bottom bolt (1/4”) with a grade 8, 1/4” x 2.5 bolt. I added a nylon spacer. The bolt stuck out a little and caused problems stacking. I cut about three thread lengths off the bolt reassembled and they work and stack great.
Also, testing the cable aider out in the back yard only....seems way better than the tubular webbing CAYG aider I used last season. These cable aiders are SO MUCH more user friendly.

I’m pretty excited about how I’m using this set up. I’ll try and add a video when I complete it.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Interested in seeing how they stack together with the LWCG aider now. I have two, single step aiders on my first two sticks, but I hate how the thick knot sometimes interferes with stacking. Definitely send pics when you can!

The link is showing up for me now.

Very nice job! The sticks turned out about like I expected. I’ll definitely be adding the cable aider to mine just wish I could find them in a overall length of 44” to maintain the 22’’ spacing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video! I wish these came longer so we could keep the 22” spacing

Thanks for the video! I wish these came longer so we could keep the 22” spacing

I agree. 22” would be perfect. I really wanted to just use three sticks but it came down to a balance of everything for me. Weight, function and Comfort (ease of use and setup). For now this was the best option I’ve found considering all of those factors.

That being said I’m still toying with the idea of using a multi step aider on my first stick and these cable aiders on the last two. I just think dealing with the multi aider may be more of a hassle than dealing with the extra stick. After a little practice this (4 sticks with cable aider) is a really easy way to get 20 feet up quickly and safely.

Back