• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
d7fb3ccb7fb650409c1bc6142e6e0dfa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, I already knew the #’s being reported last night as to the possibility of what the Covid 19 can do. My father in law is a world renowned mathematician in the chaos theory. He had a family discussion this past Sunday. He has been running the #’s on this virus and a lot of the data we are seeing as the possibility of the spread. Please take the time to be safe.

A lot of us young and healthy will make jokes and play it off. I guess that’s fine, comes with the teens and 20’s, but it would be nice if people would be mindful of sharing their illnesses with others. If you’re sick stay home or at least wear a mask and distance yourself from others
Wash your hands
If you can find sanitizer you’re lucky, use it.
We don’t all need to panic. We need to be mindful of our hygiene. Those of us with children will naturally worry some. I know it’s more likely to affect the elderly, but if you have had to wake up at 2 am to a vomiting 3 year old with a fever that can’t keep any medicine down, then you would understand.

Panic will do a lot of people in . The regular flu has killed 20,000 people plus in the US this year. People in my area are hording tp. Stay safe be calm , this to will past. Oh, now would be a great time to buy stocks if y'all are into that.

Panic will do a lot of people in . The regular flu has killed 20,000 people plus in the US this year. People in my area are hording tp. Stay safe be calm , this to will past. Oh, now would be a great time to buy stocks if y'all are into that.

The death rate is the same as the 1918 Spanish flu and it spreads fairly easily before you have symptoms. The only way to slow it down is early prevention. Just ask an ICU doctor in Italy what they should have done. ICUs will quickly be overwhelmed. If you are over 60 the risk of death rises quickly.

The Italian ER and ICU doctors have the best information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The death rate is the same as the 1918 Spanish flu and it spreads fairly easily before you have symptoms. The only way to slow it down is early prevention. Just ask an ICU doctor in Italy what they should have done. ICUs will quickly be overwhelmed. If you are over 60 the risk of death rises quickly.

The Italian ER and ICU doctors have the best information.

Agreed
Inform yourselves
Even though it’s unlikely we can ask Italian doctors questions, we should all get the jist of this

Agreed
Inform yourselves
Even though it’s unlikely we can ask Italian doctors questions, we should all get the jist of this

Some Italian doctors have been warning people on twitter and the CBC and a few other places. If we slow the spread our health system will cope. If we slow it down now, the spread may slow in the summer. If we slow it down now, we may have a vaccine. If we slow it down and slowly see the population infected so the recovered individuals will grow and the potential vectors will drop.
In China they have slowed the spread... a little too late .
We can slow it now or later. Now is easier now.

Some Italian doctors have been warning people on twitter and the CBC and a few other places. If we slow the spread our health system will cope. If we slow it down now, the spread may slow in the summer. If we slow it down now, we may have a vaccine. If we slow it down and slowly see the population infected so the recovered individuals will grow and the potential vectors will drop.
In China they have slowed the spread... a little too late .
We can slow it now or later. Now is easier now.

I hope you’re all listening to what he’s saying here
This is key
If you think this is a joke wake up
Take it serious now
How many sick people can your local hospital facilitate while still caring for injuries and other medical conditions?

I have seen a lot of people making jokes about the virus. It'll all be fun and games until a family member or loved one passes away from it. I can't knock someone for trying to take precautions to protect themselves. The scariest part to me is how it can lie dormant for so long and the carrier could have no idea.

People dying isn't funny--regardless of the cause. What about those of us who have family members who work in the Healthcare industry and are already over worked and tired? Or have kids with compromised immune systems for one reason or another? Live paycheck-to-paycheck and our company decides to close down for a week? These are real life issues guys. Be respectful of those it does impact, even if it doesn't directly effect you.

A lot of us young and healthy will make jokes and play it off. I guess that’s fine, comes with the teens and 20’s, but it would be nice if people would be mindful of sharing their illnesses with others. If you’re sick stay home or at least wear a mask and distance yourself from others
Wash your hands
If you can find sanitizer you’re lucky, use it.
We don’t all need to panic. We need to be mindful of our hygiene. Those of us with children will naturally worry some. I know it’s more likely to affect the elderly, but if you have had to wake up at 2 am to a vomiting 3 year old with a fever that can’t keep any medicine down, then you would understand.

Good comment

Death rate. Approximately.
Under 9. Zero
Up to 30 years. 1/500
Over 60 5/100
Over 80. 30/100

Incidental deaths from heart attack and stroke etc. will increase because the system will not cope.

any recommendations?

They say the difference between this and the flu is the infection rate. It may have the same mortality rate, but they are talking about more people being infected. There for increase the number of deaths. Flu normally dosent infect as many people at once like this is doing. They say there is 328 million +/- people in the US. If 200 million people get it, 1% die, that is 2 million people. That's a little more than flu a year. I am not panicking. But I am asking that question everyone should be. What can I do to help stop the spread? I was gonna go to the outdoor show this weekend. But thinking I might just sit home. I think we all need to start thinking about what are things we need to do. And what are things we want to do. We in America/ Canada have not had to ask that question in a long time. Since I would say WW2? Limited resources and such. This is different, but still requires some self sacrifice by everyone for the best interest of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back