• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long ata bows

Dpitchford921

Has anyone had problems with longer ATA bows? I’ve never had a problem with my 32” but I’m looking at 34” bows and just curious if anyone has had problems with string angle and bridge interference.

Been using a 33" ATA Mathews Switchback for 15 yrs in all sorts of trees without a problem. Don't think you will notice the 2" difference between the two. A woman on the other hand...

Has anyone had problems with longer ATA bows? I’ve never had a problem with my 32” but I’m looking at 34” bows and just curious if anyone has had problems with string angle and bridge interference.
I shoot a 36" ata bow out of my saddle and never had a problem and I've been doing this for a longtime .

I've hunted with plenty of longbows that I've made, when you get into the 68" range of bows you learn how to set up your shot opportunity before hand

Most competitive target archers shoot longer ATA draw length compound bows like in the 36-38" ata range. That tells you something.

Been using a 33" ATA Mathews Switchback for 15 yrs in all sorts of trees without a problem. Don't think you will notice the 2" difference between the two. A woman on the other hand...

I’m a 5’4” guy and shoot the realm x. It’s 33&1/2 ata I think. I don’t have any issues. I wanted a forgiving bow that had an good draw cycle and was enjoyable to shoot more than anything else.

I killed two of my best bucks shooting a Mathews Apex7 with a ata of 37" no problem

Back