• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What did you buy today?

I just received 500 of match grade brass .556 from Ammo.com. They were a bit slow but didn't say anything about availability issues...

Slim pickings on there now. They have a 1K round case of Federal .223 for $500 but that's all I see. I ain't that desperate. Need to get into reloading I reckon.

I got one, anybody use these? I have several different brands of camera. Going to try it first with Spy point Micro. I see mixed reviews but I wonder how much is user error or unrealistic expectations to begin with. For the price of a few big packs of lithium batteries I figure I’ll get my money back.
22A406CE-5B53-45C7-B0CE-6352DB8EB8E4.png

Named him Covid.
2ebd1ff3bd05a0d4000df9f2cb440466.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Noticed EWO has some new 9mm rope. Who is going to guinea pig it for us?

I’m wondering how it compares to HTP.
Mail call! Thanks DanO! This is 35' of the 9mm Sterling C-IV rope. Going to test it out today with my SRT set up. First take is it is lighter than HTP and slightly more supple, nothing dramatic. Also seems to compact down to a lower profile. It is 9mm so it is within spec of the Safeguard as well. Compared to Oplux, definitely not as supple or packable, but you get the 9mm spec threshold if that's important to you.
dc7157a93e6bf4588bc84f37fe7dff98.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let’s face it most of us have a problem. I will not mention it by name. Being stuck at home between hunting seasons and a raging virus pandemic outside and nothing inside but tv, snacks, the internet, and a credit card is not helpful. I blew the rest of my emergency Clorox wipes and tp budget on an Alps Outdoors Big Bear X. Great deal on those at Lancaster by the way if anybody else is looking. They say admitting you have a problem is the first step. Towards what, I don’t know. But misery loves company so don’t let me go through this alone, what did you “acquire” today?
i just bought that same pack off las about a month ago. haha. along with some maxima 360s (also a good deal 6.00 ea instead of 15.00). i am in so much troubbbble. just ordered 3 new packs of broadheads and a dozen more axis arrows and the ZAP insert for my bitz jig.

Mail call! Thanks DanO! This is 35' of the 9mm Sterling C-IV rope. Going to test it out today with my SRT set up. First take is it is lighter than HTP and slightly more supple, nothing dramatic. Also seems to compact down to a lower profile. It is 9mm so it is within spec of the Safeguard as well. Compared to Oplux, definitely not as supple or packable, but you get the 9mm spec threshold if that's important to you.

Cool. Mine will be here tomorrow. Might end up sticking with Oplux, but I ‘needed’ to give this a shot.

This lock down is going to have me broke eventually.

First the Tethrd Phantom arrived which has me now modifying my Flex so I had to buy more 1/4" Amsteel for the DIY amsteel bridge/prussik im going to put on it as i never liked the sewn on webbing bridge after using last year but think the Tethrd Utilibridge is pretty slick. While i was at it decided to cut those bulky buckles off the leg straps on that Flex too so I can put the T Hooks on it like the Phantom has, so bought those too. Figured id add two Sys haulers while i was ordering the T hooks.

Some more straps and cam buckles from Dan O, probably 4 or 5 more squirrel steps too.

Wanted some more Sterling Op Lux and prussik cord so thats on its way now too so I can make some lighter/less bulky Tethers and Linemans belts.

When I was at the Tethrd site that Predator Platform sure looked nice compared to my DIY seat platform?

I REALLY have to stop watching Youtube for DIY ideas and perusing hunting company websites with the extra downtime around the house! :grin:

I bought 2 new Riton Rifle scopes, one 4-16x50 and one 3-9x40 both 30mm tubes. Also a new Boyd’s stock and DIP 25MOA rail for my 22 project. Acquired another brick of target 22 ammo.

In the process of converting the 25 yr old mossberg 500 youth shotgun that was my wifes into an HD shotgun. Ordered an 18.5" barrel for it, hogue pistol grip and forend, and 7 round shell carrier that mounts to the receiver.

Also got in some more kydex for a holster project for my shield 45.

So after almost a week with it is it worth $20 extra over htp? Picked up some SRT stuff on here today and have oplux but wanting to get 9mm for safeguard to be in spec.

Oh I bought SRT set up from the master mind himself... [mention]always89y [/mention]

Now to order some rope before I go to bed from [mention]DanO [/mention]

It was actually yesterday. But new puppy. Boorderdoodle. The wife and I finally agreed on one. So far he's a good isolation partner. My first dog I bought.

So after almost a week with it is it worth $20 extra over htp? Picked up some SRT stuff on here today and have oplux but wanting to get 9mm for safeguard to be in spec.

Oh I bought SRT set up from the master mind himself... [mention]always89y [/mention]

Now to order some rope before I go to bed from [mention]DanO [/mention]
For comparison, 35' of the CIV is about 7 ounces lighter and slightly more packable than 35' of the 9mm HTP. So if $20 is worth 7 ounces of weight, assuming you're using 35' then yes, get the CIV. Climbing with both seems to be about the same, there wasn't a noticeable difference. Not sure if you care about color, but the HTP is black and the CIV is a tan color. I like the peace of mind of being in spec of the safeguard. You know what they say, "ounces add up to pounds, bro."

Back