• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What did you buy today?

For comparison, 35' of the CIV is about 7 ounces lighter and slightly more packable than 35' of the 9mm HTP. So if $20 is worth 7 ounces of weight, assuming you're using 35' then yes, get the CIV. Climbing with both seems to be about the same, there wasn't a noticeable difference. Not sure if you care about color, but the HTP is black and the CIV is a tan color. I like the peace of mind of being in spec of the safeguard. You know what they say, "ounces add up to pounds, bro."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just ordered 38’ of CIV. DanO strike my bank account again!

That damn shikar mini stick... gonna throw the scout on it when it gets here

That damn shikar mini stick... gonna throw the scout on it when it gets here

Do you think the scout will get you on the shins or knees with it being so short? That’s the only thing I wondered since the scout sticks out towards you. If not that will be one sweet set up.

Do you think the scout will get you on the shins or knees with it being so short? That’s the only thing I wondered since the scout sticks out towards you. If not that will be one sweet set up.
I don't think itll be an issue, I'll try to make a video climbing with it when it arrives.

A transmission for my F-150:fearscream::rage:

So I found out that a new transmission for a 2012 F-150 with >90,000 miles will cost 5200.00. A used one that is warranted for 12,000/12 months will be 3400. I will probably start selling some of my more expensive gear. This sucks.

Bought two ropeman 1’s a couple days ago and a new tether from DanO yesterday. I’ll probably be ordering a Predator platform here shortly. Being very new to saddle hunting I just wanna buy everything, but know my wife will literally kill me if I do baby steps!!

Bought a aluminium motorcycle carrier for my Radrover hunting e-bike to make it easier to put on my SUV. I have a modified deer carrier that I will use for hunting that carries my bike and deer but to scout and check trail cameras the aluminum carrier is a lot lighter and easier to put on.

Bought two ropeman 1’s a couple days ago and a new tether from DanO yesterday. I’ll probably be ordering a Predator platform here shortly. Being very new to saddle hunting I just wanna buy everything, but know my wife will literally kill me if I do baby steps!!

Be careful. Take your time. It’s not going anywhere, only getting cheaper and/or better options. Says the guy who owns a set of sticks, steps, bolts, and srt gear because..., well I still can’t answer that.

A bow vise and a draw board....day isn’t over.
press and bunch of other stuff will be ordered before the day is over...

Ordered me up a Phantom, thread for my Awl for all, and the upgrade for my bitz jig.......... so far. The day is young.

Technically yesterday but I ordered a lift for my mower from Harbor Freight. Should make it a lot easier to clean the deck and sharpen the blades. Less than $100 shipped with a 20% off coupon.

That's the plan.
I think I said this before but your avatar is funny in a frightening way. "It puts the lotion on its skin it does this whenever its told." Why do you have this avatar? Are you a serial killer????

I think I said this before but your avatar is funny in a frightening way. "It puts the lotion on its skin it does this whenever its told." Why do you have this avatar? Are you a serial killer????

I've always liked The Silence of the Lambs and the Buffalo Bill character. Not a serial killer, but do find them fascinating to learn about.

Well that got out of hand quickly. I'm glad my wife could not care any less what I spend....otherwise I'd really be quarantined after today!!
Yeah now you got me down the bow press rabbit hole...... let me know what you settled on for your complete setup.

Check out "Bill" William Taylor's stuff on AT his Monster pac press and depending on the model you can do both crossbows and vertical bows. Also the LCA EZ Green is a great press and finally, I saw on Feradyne's website under Apple Archery Products, they updated their compound bow press with the LCA type fingers for like $180 on clearance. BTW, I have no affiliation with any of these companies.

Back