• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prayers needed

The surgeon was just in the room. He advised that he is just amazed at her progress. He checked her pancreatic levels and they are all normal!!! The drainage tubes don't have enough coming out to even test any more.

He explained that they are going to report the success of this surgery to the medical/surgical community!! Hopefully, with the technique they used it will help others who may have a similar injury.

She has been upgraded to a low fat diet as well. She was able to walk a few stairs as well today.

She is an extremely strong and stubborn young lady!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That is amazing news!!!!

The surgeon was just in the room. He advised that he is just amazed at her progress. He checked her pancreatic levels and they are all normal!!! The drainage tubes don't have enough coming out to even test any more.

He explained that they are going to report the success of this surgery to the medical/surgical community!! Hopefully, with the technique they used it will help others who may have a similar injury.

She has been upgraded to a low fat diet as well. She was able to walk a few stairs as well today.

She is an extremely strong and stubborn young lady!!!

Praise the Lord!
Prayer works!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That's just amazing!! She's one lucky and blessed young lady!!

On another note, I see President Trump just declared that church's are essential services and are to be allowed to open immediately! That's great news too!!

We are open tomorrow. It’s all kinds of “funky@ and we have no idea how many peeps will show up. It’ll be a good day if only one shows. Gods house will have opens doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a quick update. She is doing excellent and recovering fast. She was able to eat half a soft pretzel tonight for supper. If her drainage tubes remain clean, then they can be removed and it shows her pancreas has healed. They are also monitoring how she handles the food. They decreased the flow rate of the liquid food she is receiving in an attempt to get her to eat more food.

She has been off of pain meds since yesterday morning and just taking Tylenol and ibuprofen. I'm amazed at how well she is handling everything.

I could barely keep up with her tonight when we walked the hall. If things stay like this, she should be able to come home soon!!!

Praying for the best!!!

That’s a fantastic update! I’m so happy for y’all. Continuing to pray for her and strength for you and your wife.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and praying for your little girl who seems more grown up than a lot of adults I know. What a tough little thing she is and what a beautiful smile. There's know doubt in my mind that she is not only going to be fine she is gonna go on to do great things in her lifetime and this whole experience will make her stronger and much more successful in life. Thinking of you during this difficult time. How are you set with the hospital bills? Is there a gofundme set up for her? If so please share a link.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and praying for your little girl who seems more grown up than a lot of adults I know. What a tough little thing she is and what a beautiful smile. There's know doubt in my mind that she is not only going to be fine she is gonna go on to do great things in her lifetime and this whole experience will make her stronger and much more successful in life. Thinking of you during this difficult time. How are you set with the hospital bills? Is there a gofundme set up for her? If so please share a link.
We have decent insurance which should cover the bills minus the deductible. We haven't even thought about any of this yet as we're just trying to help her heal up. If a go fund me page is needed we'll look into it and I'll let everyone know if we do one.

I’m not a religious person but please accept my family’s best wishes for your daughter’s recovery & your family’s comfort.

I have an 8yo daughter and she had the same bike accident with the handlebar end hitting her chest. Luckily no injuries from it but definitely enough to scare me as a father/paramedic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have followed this thread thank you for your prayers and well wishes. Today my daughter is being released from the hospital.

Her recovery has been nothing short of a miracle. The original thought was this surgery she had would have the longest road to recovery. They estimated 3 months of hospitalization. Through the grace of God she will be released after 10 days of hospitalization.

She will still have a lot of doctor appointments and tests to monitor her pancreas. I'm hopeful that her recovery will continue to be positive.

I really have been humbled by the generosity of our friends, family, and members of this forum. I just want to say thank you!!!! Have blessed day!!!

Last edited:
Back