• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Mpls, MN

JDFrost

Hey guys. I’d like to get into saddle hunting and have the same questions as any newbie. I’d really appreciate connecting with someone in the area and test out a saddle system or two before investing. I’d also be interested in trying a DYI saddle build to save some money. Thanks in advance!

Welcome from Cottage Grove, MN.
I just ordered a size 2 cruzr xc for my first saddle. When it comes in, I can meet up and you can try it out

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Welcome from WI. Check out the saddle hunter map on this site for nearby saddle swingers and DM the ones that are close by to see if they are willing to meet to check out their gear.

Welcome from Iowa.
Unless you have the thread injecting equipment (sewing machine) already you will not save any money trying to do a DIY saddle unless you go with fleece saddle or something along those lines. Just buy a commercial saddle. Check the sewing info threads and if you still decide to go that way @always89y has some great threads and videos on sewing your own saddle.

I've got a few saddles and climbing methods you can look at. I'm on the map not too far from @Jay_Disarray
Saddles are: mantis, diy wraptor, and a couple phantom copies
Climbing: wild edge steps, and chopped heliums

Back