• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium Hammock

Yep! Not interested personally. Their mini sticks I just got have major quality issues on every stick but they are cheap. Tough to justify paying top dollar to a company known for very cheap, low quality yet functional products.

I am more interested in seeing if the saddle market will start to hit your other manufacturers, and a bit surprised Hawk was the first ones in and not someone like LW Custom Gear. But maybe the popularity of the Helium sticks with saddles drew them in.

I am more interested in seeing if the saddle market will start to hit your other manufacturers, and a bit surprised Hawk was the first ones in and not someone like LW Custom Gear. But maybe the popularity of the Helium sticks with saddles drew them in.
LWCG has a ghost "harness" in the works, based on Kuhnerts set up. Should be the ticket for those leaners using an Ambush or similar large style platform.

I have a Tethrd saddle, but did order Helium sticks and their “platform” on July 20th. Still waiting...

I love my helium sticks lol. I don’t care that they are a bit big, and the steps where a bit sharp. I work metal in my free time, and it took me an hour to soften all the edges a little. My boots grab the steps real good, it’s easy to set up, I like how both sides come out to stand on. I have 4 LW sticks but I sold them with my LW stands. It killed my feet just standing on one step while putting my stand up. I want to kill deer, not my feet. It didn’t hurt my wallet either lol

Same story here, placed the first review on MidwayUSA for it. I have nothing to compare it to except for my friends who have been saddle hunting for 1-3 years (varies based on 4 individuals) with Tethrd, Trophy Line, or Aero.

All of them stated that it appears well designed mainly coming from the Tethrd Mantis crew. I will say at this price point and design, it is solid for what you are getting.

So being brand new to the game here, what are the primary reasons for not leveraging Hawk gear? Is it because they are mass production China and Vietnam sourced products? And this is a more traditional-legacy space where American-made only gear is acceptable (legit question). Being my first post here let me be clear, I'm 100% in support of USA-made only gear and principles. The problem is that supply is in such low quantity that I feel it is okay to experiment or at least benchmark gear perspective. I want to saddle hunt, yet if I cannot afford or even obtain Tethrd gear because they're backordered everywhere, it's like wanting to load up on 9MM ammo right now just because everyone else is except Archery starts tomorrow in Michigan.

I'm all for this forum advocating that Hawk or GSM outdoors start really prioritizing shifting their manufacturing & supply chain into USA only. The logistics and principle behind that though is always a challenge when the supply for raw material sits in a less desirable part of the world right now (let's say).

I'm all ears, thanks to those who have contributed to the forum thus far. I'm learning every day and excited to learn, hunt, and improve each climb!

Same story here, placed the first review on MidwayUSA for it. I have nothing to compare it to except for my friends who have been saddle hunting for 1-3 years (varies based on 4 individuals) with Tethrd, Trophy Line, or Aero.

All of them stated that it appears well designed mainly coming from the Tethrd Mantis crew. I will say at this price point and design, it is solid for what you are getting.

So being brand new to the game here, what are the primary reasons for not leveraging Hawk gear? Is it because they are mass production China and Vietnam sourced products? And this is a more traditional-legacy space where American-made only gear is acceptable (legit question). Being my first post here let me be clear, I'm 100% in support of USA-made only gear and principles. The problem is that supply is in such low quantity that I feel it is okay to experiment or at least benchmark gear perspective. I want to saddle hunt, yet if I cannot afford or even obtain Tethrd gear because they're backordered everywhere, it's like wanting to load up on 9MM ammo right now just because everyone else is except Archery starts tomorrow in Michigan.

I'm all for this forum advocating that Hawk or GSM outdoors start really prioritizing shifting their manufacturing & supply chain into USA only. The logistics and principle behind that though is always a challenge when the supply for raw material sits in a less desirable part of the world right now (let's say).

I'm all ears, thanks to those who have contributed to the forum thus far. I'm learning every day and excited to learn, hunt, and improve each climb!
Hawk has had some well-discussed quality control issues with their sticks (especially the new 20" sticks), and they have notoriously bad customer service. Many folks also dislike the whole "Chinese knock-off" thing. That said, I bought a set of their full-length sticks and have had zero issues with them.

My Hawk products have been good for the price. The saddle is a little different IMO due to the fact that you are trusting life and limb to it (where the sticks and stands, not so much). I wasn’t about to be in the first group to guinea pig the saddles because of the well documented QC issues. If a couple years go by and no problems I might consider trying one out unless I already have found my unicorn.

Also has anyone considered that Hawk might actually be taking one for the TMA team and making crappy saddle hunting products on purpose (assuming they continue doing what they are doing) so that when they fail, they can say “see there saddle hunting isn’t safe, everybody should go back to buying tree stands”???

I love my Heliums but will never buy Hawk again. Had issues made a call, sent an email and was nice in both. No reply, call back or anything. They could at least say, thanks we will look into it. But I got nothing. And it wasnt just me. Several, and thats low balling it, have had numerous quality/Safety issues with their stuff, called and emailed as well, nothing. I guess they were all in the back sewing up these new saddles by hand or something. Good luck if you have an issue or something breaks.
I hope for your sake nothing does. Would hate to hear that.

Back