• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"The official saddle hunting backpack thread"

P.S. I do wash my truck once in a while lol

Just giving you a hard time, lol. At this point if I’m blessed enough to have to deal with blood stains on my pack, I’ll wear it like a badge of honor. After I’ve washed it of course. I can’t handle old blood smell...

And for the record, I wash my truck too every now and then.

I’m looking hard at the MR pop-ups too. I have a mil-surp large molle ruck that I’m going to use until I can figure out what I want as far as a frame/load hauling pack.

Didnt see this thread when i made my post but found a very budget friendly backpack at walmart for anyone looking for something like that. Seems well built, tons of versatility, molle loops everywhere stick straps on the sides and an expandable main pouch should allow me to use this pack all season. Also pretty substantial back and shoulder strap padding. The fabric isnt the best in the world, its a bit noisy, nothing outrageous, but for $25 how can u complain. I included a pic of the sku so you can look it up incase ur a poordad like myself. Hope this helps someone out. Oh and lifetime guarantee!!

Attachments

• C2CA7F59-8F92-40B7-B50F-852C2E7CFDF8.jpeg
    C2CA7F59-8F92-40B7-B50F-852C2E7CFDF8.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 4FC44633-9EEF-42B4-921C-BACA30B58E2F.jpeg
    4FC44633-9EEF-42B4-921C-BACA30B58E2F.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 333
  • FA0F8E0D-B53A-4CB4-B998-CAD3A09BFC05.jpeg
    FA0F8E0D-B53A-4CB4-B998-CAD3A09BFC05.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 314
  • C8409BE3-09BD-45A2-9A6F-E3DA3615BFE3.jpeg
    C8409BE3-09BD-45A2-9A6F-E3DA3615BFE3.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 305
Didnt see this thread when i made my post but found a very budget friendly backpack at walmart for anyone looking for something like that. Seems well built, tons of versatility, molle loops everywhere stick straps on the sides and an expandable main pouch should allow me to use this pack all season. Also pretty substantial back and shoulder strap padding. The fabric isnt the best in the world, its a bit noisy, nothing outrageous, but for $25 how can u complain. I included a pic of the sku so you can look it up incase ur a poordad like myself. Hope this helps someone out. Oh and lifetime guarantee!!

I was holding that one in my hands a really world this weekend thinking it was pretty nice. I have an alps pursuit so I was thinking of using it for early season light pack type trips. Let us know if you end up liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was holding that one in my hands a really world this weekend thinking it was pretty nice. I have an alps pursuit so I was thinking of using it for early season light pack type trips. Let us know if you end up liking it.

Will do. Im gona put together my 20” heliums and hawk tree seat today and start tinkering with that to convert it to a platform. Ill stuff some clothes in the bag and start messing sith stick attatchment methods to the bad and let you guys know how it works. Im on a seriously tight budget so as soon as i saw it, then the price tag, it went right in my cart. Especially since squirrels sensed the poptart in my old pack and ate through the side of it on my porch. Lil bastards how did they smeell it still in the wrapper!?!

Ew why did that show like that. Still figuring this forum out and how it works. Didnt mean to like attach my reply to you original oost

Ew why did that show like that. Still figuring this forum out and how it works. Didnt mean to like attach my reply to you original oost

No worries. You need to type your words below the quote and the “..... “. Otherwise your words will get included in the quote.

Post some pics of the sticks on the side straps and let us know if they hold tight or are floppy. That’s a pretty dang cool cheap pack. It wasn’t bladder compatible was it? If I remember correctly I didn’t think a predator would fit in it. I might bring my predator to Walmart to see if it does.

No worries. You need to type your words below the quote and the “..... “. Otherwise your words will get included in the quote.

Post some pics of the sticks on the side straps and let us know if they hold tight or are floppy. That’s a pretty dang cool cheap pack. It wasn’t bladder compatible was it? If I remember correctly I didn’t think a predator would fit in it. I might bring my predator to Walmart to see if it does.

Thanks for the tip. Dont do too much forum stuff but im really enjoying this one. Any idea of the size of the predator compared to the hawk tree seat? Ill try and see if that fits if its close. I think ud be fine with a bladder too its got a pouch inside the main pack and two of these cutouts at top of that pouch. May have to cut them a little extra to get the mouthpiece through. Tried to get a pic of both in one picture

Attachments

• 510537E4-AF9A-4953-9936-C056C0651145.jpeg
    510537E4-AF9A-4953-9936-C056C0651145.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 176
Pop up 28 with a kid and how I lash it. It has a box with the new tethered saddle, 75 feet of dry rope and several other things.
5cbd5b848eaa6f7ccc74c6334dc20367.jpg

e810b31ffdd032a95a863a635594528c.jpg

ce669644f7dcca971b994e93adca2ef7.jpg

Pop up 28 with a kid and how I lash it. It has a box with the new tethered saddle, 75 feet of dry rope and several other things.
5cbd5b848eaa6f7ccc74c6334dc20367.jpg

e810b31ffdd032a95a863a635594528c.jpg

ce669644f7dcca971b994e93adca2ef7.jpg

I know it was a mispelling but I was scrolling down thinking it was going to be a kid carrying configuration. Then I didn’t see a kid . Then I saw the lid.

I know it was a mispelling but I was scrolling down thinking it was going to be a kid carrying configuration. Then I didn’t see a kid . Then I saw the lid.

Who says I didn’t pack my kid in there? Could have been a kid goat that I got for a bbq...you just never know.

So you are putting the quartered deer inside the pack and not on the load shelf? Am I understanding this correctly

I grew fond of this set up last year. It worked for just about every hunt except if I needed to pack a deer out. It's the Badlands Monster Pack with the Predator Pack attached to it. I liked the ability to take the predator pack off if need be or add more molle packs to expand storage. SRT kit fit nicely inside the monster pack with plenty of room to spare, or I attached a molle water bottle holder to the predator pack with the SRT stuff inside of that if I needed more room. I can lash my EWO sticks vertically using the PALS webbing on the predator pack and monster. If I am one sticking using a short stick, it sat nicely on the shelf of the fanny pack horizontally and didn't get in the way while hiking in. The doyles gear hoist also clips to the waist belt perfectly and lashes tight.
97a9348207e7b3d6a45545aeeccc1276.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I grew fond of this set up last year. It worked for just about every hunt except if I needed to pack a deer out. It's the Badlands Monster Pack with the Predator Pack attached to it. I liked the ability to take the predator pack off if need be or add more molle packs to expand storage. SRT kit fit nicely inside the monster pack with plenty of room to spare, or I attached a molle water bottle holder to the predator pack with the SRT stuff inside of that if I needed more room. I can lash my EWO sticks vertically using the PALS webbing on the predator pack and monster. If I am one sticking using a short stick, it sat nicely on the shelf of the fanny pack horizontally and didn't get in the way while hiking in. The doyles gear hoist also clips to the waist belt perfectly and lashes tight.

Cool set up

Wondering why I never thought of it

This is how I run my pack with a tensing 1250 lumbar unit. I really like the way you can access all components of your gear quickly and easily with this configuration.

So you are putting the quartered deer inside the pack and not on the load shelf? Am I understanding this correctly

Yep, if your pack doesn't have a shelf. My pack doesn't so the quarters and loose meat go in game backs and into the pack. Crank down on the compression straps and enjoy the suck lol

But if you have a shelf and don't already have a heavy load in the pack then they seem to be a good option, I've never tried one though but lots of folks seem to like them

Back