• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Prospective Saddle Hunter From Va

dave19113

Hi all,

Spent a ton of time in a tree stand but surprisingly never really heard of saddle hunting until a co worker turned me onto it.

Im really interested in it for the areas I hunt.

Welcome from PA.
Much thanks....

My buddy was running the Tethrd Phantom system, he says he loves it.

I like the idea of running a regular foot stand. I see there is not too many stand alone foot stands from what I was googling. I prefer not to do a home build.

From reviews, people seem to love the Tetherd foot stand; is there other better options?

Hi Dave. Welcome from Central VA (the actual geographical center). I also had not heard of saddle hunting until a co-worker mentioned it and we watched a Eberhart interview. Ever since I have been 100% saddle focused. Just received my H2 Saddle and some 20" Hawk Heliums a few weeks ago. Work has only provided me with about 45 mins. of free time to try it out, but I definitely can see the benefits of hunting from this. I hope you enjoy your new adventure as much as I have so far.

Much thanks....

I like the idea of running a regular foot stand. I see there is not too many stand alone foot stands from what I was googling. I prefer not to do a home build.

From reviews, people seem to love the Tetherd foot stand; is there other better options?
Welcome from Maryland! There are a ton of options for platforms & just like saddles it’s kind of a personal feel thing. Tethrd Predator is a good option, there are also platforms by Out On A Limb, Lone Wolf Custom Gear, Treehopper, Wild Edge & more I cant remember off the top of my head.

Much thanks....

I use a Tethrd Predator platform and also a ring of Ameristeps on occasion. I have a Areohunter Flex and Kestrel saddle along with a Guido's web and a Treesuit saddle. I also ordered a Cruzr XC saddle. Be careful it's an addiction.

I use a Tethrd Predator platform and also a ring of Ameristeps on occasion. I have a Areohunter Flex and Kestrel saddle along with a Guido's web and a Treesuit saddle. I also ordered a Cruzr XC saddle. Be careful it's an addiction.

Yes, Im sure with the addiction..... some many options and so few credit cards

Welcome from WI. What’s this about being a prospective saddle hunter. Get in the pool. The waters awesome. Seriously though, these saddle systems are so much lighter, more mobile, more comfortable and safer compared to hunting from tree stands. Tethrd Predator is my go to platform but also think the ridge runner looks like another solid option for platforms.

Welcome from WI. What’s this about being a prospective saddle hunter. Get in the pool. The waters awesome. Seriously though, these saddle systems are so much lighter, more mobile, more comfortable and safer compared to hunting from tree stands. Tethrd Predator is my go to platform but also think the ridge runner looks like another solid option for platforms.

Was trying to get a bunch of info before jumping in. Although I could not find even one negative aspect to it other than the initial cost.

I ended up ordering the Tethrd Phantom kit. I did some more reading and liked the style of the Ridge Runner base. It seems a little wider.

Welcome from Chesapeake virginia. The predator is pretty great. The wider option is on pre-sale now. May be worth a look.

Back