• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG double step release

Time will tell I’ve ordered em. Found a discount code “WCB”. For anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them in my cart, just cant seem to hand over the Franklin (@Lawelch thanks for the discount code anyway). They seem so close to an old stick I have (no longer manufactured, had some recalls..) now I know the LWCG is lighter and fixed which I'm a fan of, but dang it $100/stick is too much for me.
Annotation 2020-07-15 063233.jpg

when Andre says "solid as a rock" I find it funny because I can see the steps flexing as he shifted his weight around. By making the steps 1" wider they introduced additional leverage that is being applied to the stress points on the steps. I wonder once people get them and start testing them out will complaints of bent standoff bolts surface? I do like how compact they were when stacked together though.
As far as I know all other sticks have steps that attach with a bolt/bolts.....this solid design is way stronger. I dont think u say any flexing of the step.

My ambush and mini sticks were pretty close. Enough so that it didnt bother me. I've never received a lightweight piece of gear that came in under the advertised weight though.

Close of the original weights they put on their website and then pulled and replaced?

Close of the original weights they put on their website and then pulled and replaced?
I must have blocked that memory, or just didn't look at the weight until after they changed it.

I get what you're saying. It's frustrating. But it's kinda like having your feelings hurt because you wake up and the hooker took your wallet again. Women and treestand manufacturers are alike in that they both lie about their weight and we usually still want some. They didn't have a huge discrepancy like Hawke recently had. The sticks I have are lighter than any I previously owned, and I'm sure these will be light as well. Just not sure how those bolts will work on funky swamp trees.

Well that’s a wrap boys they are sold out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know all other sticks have steps that attach with a bolt/bolts.....this solid design is way stronger. I dont think u say any flexing of the step.
start the video at the 6:30 mark and watch the top right step. It sure looks like the step is flexing while the rest of the stick appears to not be moving. It's easier to see when you slow the playback speed down as slow as it will go.

start the video at the 6:30 mark and watch the top right step. It sure looks like the step is flexing while the rest of the stick appears to not be moving. It's easier to see when you slow the playback speed down as slow as it will go.
I see the movement u see too....could be the step....my money would be on the bolts flexing/ deflecting ever so slightly. ...I could be totally off but I think that slight deflection in the bolts is gonna make them bite real good or find the sweet spot or whatever he said in the video.....its designed that way...have to wait on some people to get them in hand and give a review after climbing some different species of trees but I think they designed with bolt deflection in mind....

I think these would make me miss a rotating bracket. Maybe not.

Those are not not 5/8 bolts there would be over 2 lbs in bolts on each stick with jam nut if they were 5/8 bolts. That maybe a 5/8 jam nut but not a 5/8 bolt.

I thought that is what I heard in one of the videos. But it looks like they updated the site to reflect a 250lb weight rating. So you are probably right. Probably 3/8”

Back