• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting Movies?

Jtaylor

SH Member
There's a couple I know of: Escanaba in da Moonlight is a seasonal pre-season watch an after a few Busch Lattes and I just recently watched Neflix's The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter. I'm sure I'm forgetting others and all genres accepted! Post your favorite, not so favorite or anything you think we might watch!

Escanaba_in_da_moonlight.jpegThe_Legacy_of_a_Whitetail_Deer_Hunter.png

Last edited:
There is an Amazon show called Missing 411 The Hunted that covers hunters who go missing in the woods. Kind of interesting given what we do.

Kinda off topic, the movie did have a couple hunting scenes, but my son and I watched the newest rendition of Call of the Wild. Did any of u guys see that 1? It was horrible and I dont recommend.....totally changed all kinds of thing to pander to our current PC culture and just totally f**ked up 1 of my favorites :mad: ......like the scene were Buck leads the wolf pack on a hunt for the Alaskan wild boar....***.....just willy Nilly make up a new prey species for that legion. Francois and perrault are replaced with an African french guy and oriental women.....not to say that there weren't minorities in alaska during the gold rush but in the book the movie was based on those were definitely not the characters.

Deer hunts and hunting communists.....

Wolverines!!

Wolverines!!!
My 9 year old recently went through a stint where he asked "...what did you watch as a kid, did you even have TV back then?" Did I have TV, he thinks that dinosaurs walked the earth prior to the iPad 1, lol. Just kidding.

I took him on a trip down memory lane for me and it included The original Red Dawn. He loved it. The movie is quite something and given the current political environment... at any rate, he asked is he would have to drink "the spirit of the deer" when he finally killed one... I just gave him that "dad look" Great movie!

Wolverines!!!
My 9 year old recently went through a stint where he asked "...what did you watch as a kid, did you even have TV back then?" Did I have TV, he thinks that dinosaurs walked the earth prior to the iPad 1, lol. Just kidding.

I took him on a trip down memory lane for me and it included The original Red Dawn. He loved it. The movie is quite something and given the current political environment... at any rate, he asked is he would have to drink "the spirit of the deer" when he finally killed one... I just gave him that "dad look" Great movie!
If we would have only know the spirit of the deer would eventually turn into tiger blood.....winning

Kinda off topic, the movie did have a couple hunting scenes, but my son and I watched the newest rendition of Call of the Wild. Did any of u guys see that 1? It was horrible and I dont recommend.....totally changed all kinds of thing to pander to our current PC culture and just totally f**ked up 1 of my favorites :mad: ......like the scene were Buck leads the wolf pack on a hunt for the Alaskan wild boar....***.....just willy Nilly make up a new prey species for that legion. Francois and perrault are replaced with an African french guy and oriental women.....not to say that there weren't minorities in alaska during the gold rush but in the book the movie was based on those were definitely not the characters.
Yeah, I saw the trailers and it looked like they tried to turn Jack London into a feel-good story. Kinda the opposite point he tried to make.

There is an Amazon show called Missing 411 The Hunted that covers hunters who go missing in the woods. Kind of interesting given what we do.
Definitely an eye opener. I watched it last night after seeing your post. I've been disoriented in familiar woods in the dark but this show makes ya wonder if there's more going on out there in the woods.

Check this one out on PA Black Bears:
Its not a fictional entertainment movie but I found the Pennsylvania Game Commission's movie on Black Bears completed in the early 1990's to be extremely informational and interesting. Gary Alt is the Sr. Biologist and as many of you "Penn's Woods" boys probably know, he was the controversial PGC Director who first instituted antler restrictions in the early 2000's. I remember many a PA hunter were ticked when this first went through!! They ain't ticked now!! The quality of deer in PA has increased exponentially under Alt's leadership. I wish NY would institute similar regs.

the hunted was pretty good movie, it is on tubi i believe. it is based in west Virginia the events are supposed to be somewhat based on true events.

Back