• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2020 Broadhead choice?

Sgt. Beardface

SH Member
we have a what bow is everyone shooting this year but I was wondering the BOC (broadhead of choice) is this year for everyone? So far I have VPA 3-blade 1 1/4 or Rage Hypodermic +P. Both shoot well, so now it is just down to me to follow through.

What is everyone else using this year?

-Chuck

we have a what bow is everyone shooting this year but I was wondering the BOC (broadhead of choice) is this year for everyone? So far I have VPA 3-blade 1 1/4 or Rage Hypodermic +P. Both shoot well, so now it is just down to me to follow through.

What is everyone else using this year?

-Chuck
200 grain grizzly single bevels on the recurve.

Schwackers or rage on the compound. I like the rage better but I bought a pack of shwackers when I got low on Rages so I may go ahead and shoot them.

There’s a crossbow in the mix this year as well not sure on it. Probably rage hypodermic xb.

I’m was never a huge fan of mechanicals. They can fail but so far my lost deer have mostly based on what happened before the arrow got to the deer. It sure is nice watching deer fall in sight though.

I’m going with some G5 montecs because I found them for $7 at Walmart, they look solid and fly good. Also you can sharpen them super easy
If you like those I can sell you my montecs i used last year. One went through two deer.

I’m going with some G5 montecs because I found them for $7 at Walmart, they look solid and fly good. Also you can sharpen them super easy
I am doing the same thing. I didn’t find them for $7 but found them for cheap so I thought I would try them this year

Steelforce Traditional 225gn single bevel for my longbow. Going to try them on my compound also but I already have 125gn Tooth of the Arrow 4 blades for it. We'll see...

125 grain 4 blade Tooth of the arrow

8864a54b94ea9d2075d23289eee2ba7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

165 grain Simmons Tiger Sharks unless I change my mind before season, which is possible. Waiting on my Stay Sharp system to show up to get them good and sharp. The Rada sharpener gets them pretty sharp though.

125gr Savage village helix knock offs, Walmart arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron Will V100 or Wide100. Will be using and shooting both. For whitetails most likely the Wides. They fly great and last year did an awesome job. Lots of confidence in those heads.

Back