• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

9/11 Today

0846: American Airlines Flight 11 strikes the North Tower – 3 Bells

0903: United Airlines Flight 175 strikes the South Tower – 3 Bells

0937: American Airlines Flight 77 strikes the Pentagon – 3 Bells

0959: Collapse of the South Tower – 3 Bells

1002: United Airlines Flight 93 crashes outside Shanksville, PA – 3 Bells

1029: North Tower Collapses – 3 Bells

It still heats my blood. If their is a silver lining in all this, for me it's in the greatest country in the world when it seems like we can't all play nicely together, this country rallies in defense of it's own with vigor, and impartiality. We may fight amongst ourselves from time to time, but we're family, and if you f#@% with one you'll feel the wrath of all. AMERICAN POWER!!!!

I was in NYC exactly a year ago. Going to the memorial site and 9/11 museum was a surreal experience. The museum is built on the foundation of the WTC. It's nothing like I've experienced because it's a museum but it's very somber, and rightfully so. They have tissue boxes all around. There's a section where they play the voicemails that passengers on Flight 93 left their friends and family when they realized what was happening. That part really got to me, and I'm not typically emotional. I recommend it to anyone that's ever in NYC.

I was in NYC exactly a year ago. Going to the memorial site and 9/11 museum was a surreal experience. The museum is built on the foundation of the WTC. It's nothing like I've experienced because it's a museum but it's very somber, and rightfully so. They have tissue boxes all around. There's a section where they play the voicemails that passengers on Flight 93 left their friends and family when they realized what was happening. That part really got to me, and I'm not typically emotional. I recommend it to anyone that's ever in NYC.
My wife & I, along with my brother in law & sister in law, visited the Flight 93 Memorial on Thursday. Very sad place, I hope and pray that we as a nation never forget. I hope and pray that we as a nation do not allow our history to be completely erased, like so many are "protesting" for. Had that plane made it to Washington DC, I think we would be living in a far different America.

Some of the pictures I took in the first 48hrs while working as a first responder (S&R w/ FEMA) on the South and North pile are in that museum. They did a great job with the design for the tourists.

Attachments

• North 231.jpg
    North 231.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 10
Back