• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Roll Up Rope Pouch Clone

4090Sharps

SH Member
I wanted to quickly share the rope pouch clone I made after seeing @ckossuth 's video by @g2outdoors on Youtube. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. Carl has a slick one stick climbing method that he breaks down in the video. Thanks for the inspiration, guys!

I opted to omit the bottom pocket that appears to be holding a folding saw in the video, mostly out of expedience--my crafts time is limited. Still waiting on my G-hooks, and didn't quite get my seam lined up when I went back to tuck in my binding, but it'll work.

I used a couple layers of a True Timber Amerisuede and some mesh material, both off ebay. Since I wasn't working off a pattern, I kept the design pretty simple. If I were to make another one, and had more time, I would make the single piece back panel out of multiple pieces and use the seams to hide and secure webbing ends; primarily for aesthetics.

Buy from Tethrd here:

Materials List:
https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/roll-up-rope-pouch-clone.30578/post-487214

How To:
https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/roll-up-rope-pouch-clone.30578/post-487219

1 - Copy.jpg

2 - Copy.jpg

3 - Copy.jpg

4 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! Here's a ruled image if you want to see the dimensions I landed on for my version.

View attachment 34507
That looks great. I have one in the works myself right now, just have to finish it. Carl Shwedo me his at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh this spring. Ever since I wanted to build me one. Watching his video reminded me, so I started the project.

SWEEEEEETTTTTT! I like it. I think I may need to make one of these to mess around with rappelling with my climbing spurs.

Thank you for sharing the video and giving a signal boost to this method and design! I have a set climbing spurs in pieces right now, awaiting time to mod them for hunting. Eventually I get around to it...

USPS delivered my G-hooks a day early. Happy day! I've got about 50 feet of 8mm rope here, a delta screw link, Mad Rock Safeguard, carabiner, and Sterling HollowBlock2.

21 - Copy.jpg

22 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
This sure beats digging my kit out of a SYS Hauler or pack. Whenever/if Tethrd starts selling these, if you aren't inclined to make your own, I would highly recommend picking one up.

Thank you!

I get a lot of stuff, including g-hooks at Rockywoods.com

This sure beats digging my kit out of a SYS Hauler or pack. Whenever/if Tethrd starts selling these, if you aren't inclined to make your own, I would highly recommend picking one up.

I’m thinking I may make one just as my all purpose tether and LB storage! Seems more intuitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the pouch out this morning for its field test with my OOAL Solo Scout and homemade aider, a la @Red Beard (but with a webbing ladder aider). Everything worked perfectly. Took a doe with my crossbow behind me on my weak side. After the shot I had everything hanging on my HYS Strap packed, rappelled down, rope and pull up cord stowed, all within 10 minutes... and I work pretty slow and methodically.

Here's a revised version with 40+ ft 9mm rope. I like the look of the redesign much better, but it does take longer to assemble nicely this way. There are still some errors and SNAFUs in this one. Added a third G-hook as well at the suggestion of @Arkhunter18

31 - Copy.jpg

32 - Copy.jpg

33 - Copy.jpg

34 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back