• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

***OOAL safety alert***

Timberrat

if you have purchased from OOAL you should already have this.....but if not and have purchased second hand please read!

This is Matt Garis, owner of Out On A Limb Mfg. LLC. It has recently come to our attention that we had an issue with the stitching releasing from one our straps which could create a safety issue. Although we believe this to be an isolated incident, your safety is our primary concern at Out On A Limb.

As such, we are directing all our purchasers of our straps to carefully inspect their straps for any loose stitching or other potential issues regarding the integrity of these straps. If you have any concerns regarding the continued safe use of our straps or would otherwise like a free replacement strap, please contact us and we will rush a replacement strap to you. We are sorry for this inconvenience, but your continued safety while utilizing our products Is our ultimate goal.

Matt Garis
Out On A Limb MFG LLC
5710 North US Highway 81
Enid Oklahoma, 73701
(580)-541-3794

You can also view this Public Service Announcement on our website at the link below

Thanks for this! Would never have known since I bought mine second hand. I'll be contacting them shortly.

Just received the email and thought there are some in our saddle hunting community had bought second hand and wouldnt have any idea of the alert. I'm glad I could help with spreading the word!

Wonder if one of the Mods could move this to another section of the forum. Not sure the classifieds is the right place for it.

@boyne bowhunter

Last edited:
Thanks for this! Would never have known since I bought mine second hand. I'll be contacting them shortly.

Thanks @Timberrat for being considerate.
I don't have one but, I figured with all the new saddle hunters and new products coming out and being bought, sold, and traded like every day this was going to happen.
A lot of advancements and new items being brought to market real fast "which is good for us".
All, remember to check and double check! especially at 20 plus feet up!

I have a ridge runner and no issues. Strap and stitching still look really good. Inspected my hawk helium straps and found one of them to be pulling apart bad enough that I will take it out of service.

Thanks for posting this, this is a great example of how a business should be conducted. I appreciate your integrity and care for your customers.

I love my ridge runner and haven't had any issues with the strap since I got it beginning of last season. I do however always tether in to the tree before stepping on to the platform

Back