• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite YouTube hunting channel

The shot from Chris Bee that stood out in my mind was him and a buddy lobbing in bad shots at deer (maybe mulies?) from something like 80 yards on a steep slope. As I think about it, that might be the only egregious one I saw, but it was enough for me to choose to take my "clicks" elsewhere. Ha
I can forgive someone who takes a bad shot that's sort of a "heat of the moment" thing, but the guys that pause, think to themselves, "yeah, I think I'll throw up a 90-yard prayer because I need to shoot something on camera..."--that's a sure-fire way to lose my respect.

yeah, that would be bad....but with Chris Bee....a 50 yard shot that might be unethical to me is ethical for him under some circumstances. I'd say around 60 yards, for me, is the line at which probably everyone should stop shooting. He is a sponsored IBO, indoor, etc shooter and among the people listed here is probably among if not the best shot.

Unguidedoutdoors.com
I know 2 of these guys personally. Check them out. Give some feedback

What channel is it that does a lot of bowhunting, on the ground, with decoys on their bows? Completely blanking on the name

No mentions of Shane Simpson!?
awesome vids and his "Callie Chronicles" (vids of his dog tracking) are something we all should watch
Shane is a recent addition to my watch list, and you're right--he puts out some great videos! He's also pioneering the 360 degree camera for hunts, which I expect to see a lot more of on other channels soon. THP has already picked one up and started using it.

Speaking of THP, if y'all haven't seen Zach's spot-and-stalk North Dakota buck video (linked HERE), stop what you're doing and WATCH IT NOW. I don't mean this as hyperbole, but it is one of the top 5 hunting videos ever made. It's absolutely incredible.

I’ve been watching “Hunting the Ozarks” here of late and I really like it.

As said previously, the Chasing November series from Midwest Whitetail is absolutely one of THE best series I've ever seen on Youtube.
The story setup, Storyline, and story telling makes the series for me. It really draws you in like your reading a good book.
Not sure why they changed it this year (not that its bad now by any means). Maybe changes in personel, time, obligations, etc.

Years ago it was Realtree, Mossy Oak, Drury. But it just isnt reality. I figured out they had thousands of acres on multiple farms to choose from. And it was alot of Big Bucks mixed in with some information. Drury was probably the best at the time on giving decent info to help hunters.
Now its THP, Whitetail Habitat Solutions, The Dr/scientist guy who wears a big hat but gives some great info on deer movement and activity( cant remember his name right now) and a few others for good info for hunting. I like Average Jack. The guy is a middle school teacher and finds time to make good videos and seems like he would be just a good guy that lives down the road.

Drewatkinsonoutdoors

Only channel I can find that directly relates to my hunting. Public land hunting the Ozark Mountains.
Kicking your shoes off and stocking a deer in soybean field is cute but wont work down hure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said previously, the Chasing November series from Midwest Whitetail is absolutely one of THE best series I've ever seen on Youtube.
The story setup, Storyline, and story telling makes the series for me. It really draws you in like your reading a good book.
Not sure why they changed it this year (not that its bad now by any means). Maybe changes in personel, time, obligations, etc.

I think I saw in one of the videos on Midwest Whitetail, Bill Winke said he sold his farm and is moving somewhere else which kind of put a damper on his normal hunting routine for this year. Guessing that’s the biggest thing that’s different. Haven’t kept up with that channel as much this year as others so far.

THP, Born and Raised, Catman

Any of you guys watch THP hunt with seekone? Kinda feel like Arron was pretty much making fun of the way those guys hunt Lol

THP, Born and Raised, Catman

Any of you guys watch THP hunt with seekone? Kinda feel like Arron was pretty much making fun of the way those guys hunt Lol

Not only did I not watch it, but I unsubscribed to THP when I saw the title. But, now you have piqued my interest. I sure hope you’re right and he was making fun of that group. Thanks

Back