• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline mission

It weighs around 5

When you say way to heavy I don't get it . I have the Predator platform and it weighs 3 pounds. My Mission weighs 5.4 pounds. That's 2.4 pounds heavier that the Predator. To me 2.4 pounds is nothing and that coming from a guy with an injury to my back.
i mean its not to heavy where i cant lift it or anything lol. I guess the reason i got into saddle hunting was to shave pounds where i can. i tried the ring of steps and didnt like them tried the mission and thought it was way to heavy went to the predator and for the size and weight i hit the sweet spot. i run the two tether climbing method so the platform is the heaviest thing i carry. Thats just my opinion and my opinion has been called stupid many times lol

i mean its not to heavy where i cant lift it or anything lol. I guess the reason i got into saddle hunting was to shave pounds where i can. i tried the ring of steps and didnt like them tried the mission and thought it was way to heavy went to the predator and for the size and weight i hit the sweet spot. i run the two tether climbing method so the platform is the heaviest thing i carry. Thats just my opinion and my opinion has been called stupid many times lol
I was just curious. Everyone likes different things in their setup if it works great. I don't think your opinion is stupid I like that we can discuss different views on saddle setups and get some new ideas. I do cheat when carrying my gear in to the woods because I use a electric bike lol. Since I was injured at work it's the only way for me to get my gear into the woods so I can hunt.

It weighs around 5

When you say way to heavy I don't get it . I have the Predator platform and it weighs 3 pounds. My Mission weighs 5.4 pounds. That's 2.4 pounds heavier that the Predator. To me 2.4 pounds is nothing and that coming from a guy with an injury to my back.
Well technically its almost like carrying two predators :tearsofjoy:

I was just curious. Everyone likes different things in their setup if it works great. I don't think your opinion is stupid I like that we can discuss different views on saddle setups and get some new ideas. I do cheat when carrying my gear in to the woods because I use a electric bike lol. Since I was injured at work it's the only way for me to get my gear into the woods so I can hunt.

Im very jealous of that electric bike! i would love to get one of those

It weighs around 5

Or you can look at it as the mission weighs 1.8 times the predator or nearly double. I agree I don’t think 2.4lbs is a lot but in perspective of the predator it is significantly heavier... it is also significantly bigger, more bulk, more room, more comfort.

Ok...got the mission last week and was able to put it on a tree this weekend. I like it..not love it...yet. I only put it at ground level, tethered up and did a mock set up. I found that when I put back pressure on the platform it pulls away from the tree. I put my right foot on the left side of the platform and acted like I was taking a shot around the backside of the tree. The mission pulled away from the tree and the strap kept it from falling. And yes, I did the toe hook, stood on the platform and then cammed it over. It works on my predator but so far not the mission. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok...got the mission last week and was able to put it on a tree this weekend. I like it..not love it...yet. I only put it at ground level, tethered up and did a mock set up. I found that when I put back pressure on the platform it pulls away from the tree. I put my right foot on the left side of the platform and acted like I was taking a shot around the backside of the tree. The mission pulled away from the tree and the strap kept it from falling. And yes, I did the toe hook, stood on the platform and then cammed it over. It works on my predator but so far not the mission. Am I doing something wrong?

Step on the post. Don’t weight the platform behind the pivot point. One step on strap or stick set 180 behind the tree from the platform same height as the top of the post works great.

Wow, that surprises me about it pulling away from the tree because this guy speaks super high of it and says its probably the most rock solid platform he's used yet. I don't have one so I can't say a thing but maybe this video will demonstrate something about it that will help you??? Good luck and keep us posted. Thanks for the information.

really? mine digs in so hard i can pretty much loosen the strap and it sticks to the tree. how much do you weigh? I cant budge mine if i try but im only 160 soakin wet

Does anyone have the predator xl and the mission? Which do you prefer if so. I’m about to order my first platform and I’m trying to decide what seems to be the general favorite. I don’t even know that I need one this large but apparently there was a demand for a reason. The original predator was my first thought. I’m concerned about weight but I can handle an extra lb or so if it opens up shot opportunity and is more comfortable for all day sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really? mine digs in so hard i can pretty much loosen the strap and it sticks to the tree. how much do you weigh? I cant budge mine if i try but im only 160 soakin wet

I weigh in at 195 and I set it...climb in a d stand on the post...toe hook and reset. It’s the same way I did it with my predator for two years. It will move when I put my foot on the back side to shoot behind the tree.

Got a few hunts in this past weekend with the Mission. I love that platform even more after spending some tree time with it. That things really sticks to the tree and doesn't move (reminds me of my Beast Sticks). Don't even have to toe cam it to get it to do it either. As far as platforms I think it is about perfect for me. For me anyway the little bit of extra weight is worth the added space.

How is it as far as going up the tree? Is it too heavy to hang on saddle? I have one, just haven’t gone up a tree yet.

How is it as far as going up the tree? Is it too heavy to hang on saddle? I have one, just haven’t gone up a tree yet.

6lbs hanging off your saddle? I don’t think that will workout well.

Back