• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

You might be a saddle hunter if...

...you have ever preached to all of your friends and family about how much safer this new method of hunting is compared to others...

...then a day later, you tried a new highly touted climbing method and it scared the Bejeezus out of you...

...you have ever found a big ladder stand a mile or more back on public land and thought to yourself, "What kind of idiot would drag that thing all the way back here?"

...only to realize, you were "that idiot" 5 years prior...

You cut the straps off of something you just bought.
You consider spending another$$$ on something that you already have because it is 1" smaller or 2 oz. lighter.

I just did this. I have a mission, I just saw setx post selling a xl predator. I am still wondering if I need both. Could always catch and release too. I have it bad.

To add to the post... You look at a thin tree and wonder how high you can climb before it starts to bend.

You see a guy stuck in a ditch in the middle of nowhere and you pull over to help him then realize you took your chain out of the back of your truck and didn’t put it back.........then remember you have a hank of 11mm static climbing rope

Pull him out without hesitation. That was yesterday afternoon and another member of this forum was with me. The dude in the ditch had his doubts, but it didn’t phase the other saddle hunter one bit

... You have at least one Rubbermaid tub full random, seemingly useless straps, buckles, and other discarded pieces of gear, but you can't bring yourself to get rid of any of it because as soon as you do, you will need it to DIY something...

I

... You have at least one Rubbermaid tub full random, seemingly useless straps, buckles, and other discarded pieces of gear, but you can't bring yourself to get rid of any of it because as soon as you do, you will need it to DIY something...
I have two tubs of that. :tearsofjoy: The struggle is real!

Back