• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

muzzle loaders with saddles

I hunt one weekend a year with a muzzleloader. As far as a saddle is concerned it’s not much different than a rifle.

anybody ?
Other than loading I don't see a issue, and even then put the but on the platform and go for it. I was thinking about how to make the possibles bag I have hang better for easier access to all the stuff you would need

I've shot a bunch from my saddle, including my bear. If you need to reload you just place the butt on your foot. I prefer to hold the gun most of the time while I'm in the saddle. It rests between my body and bridge with my right arm over the stock.

Been hunting the last two weeks with my ML out of the saddle. I hang it from a clip from my tethrd Hys strap, or I rest it on the bridge as the poster above showed. I love hunting from a saddle with a gun the tree provides a perfect rest.

I hunt one weekend a year with a muzzleloader. As far as a saddle is concerned it’s not much different than a rifle.
[/got it. I have never hunted with a gun in a saddle, that was why I was inquiring

I guess I need to read the book a bit better, I did not know you could be gun hunting this time of year, but I am wrong a lot lol. thanks all

Michigan firearms season opens tomorrow and I will be using my muzzle loader. Then the 30th firearms season closes. And about a week later muzzleloader season starts for two weeks. And I will be using my muzzleloader again.

Michigan firearms season opens tomorrow and I will be using my muzzle loader. Then the 30th firearms season closes. And about a week later muzzleloader season starts for two weeks. And I will be using my muzzleloader again.

That's one perk of a muzzleloader, here in Indiana it's legal during firearms, muzzleloader, and on public and private lands. Between that and a bow I can hunt from October 1st through the first weekend in January. I just switched to using BH209 and it's amazing compared to the dirty pellets.

That's one perk of a muzzleloader, here in Indiana it's legal during firearms, muzzleloader, and on public and private lands. Between that and a bow I can hunt from October 1st through the first weekend in January. I just switched to using BH209 and it's amazing compared to the dirty pellets.
I have been using Blackhorn 209 since it came out and was suggested by Toby Bridges who has a muzzleloader web page. It is amazing stuff.

I have been using Blackhorn 209 since it came out and was suggested by Toby Bridges who has a muzzleloader web page. It is amazing stuff.

Yeah I was amazed when I was sighting in before the gun opener. I shot like 11 times and only swabbed with a dry patch once. I was lucky to get 2-3 shots with pellets before I had to clean the crud ring off. Also didn't have to use pliers to get by breech plug loose ha.

Other than loading I don't see a issue, and even then put the but on the platform and go for it. I was thinking about how to make the possibles bag I have hang better for easier access to all the stuff you would need
Speed loaders in a jacket pocket.

Back