• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Method Owners...

AttackMode

SH Member
Tell me why this should be my next saddle. My Phantom is ok but I want better! Also, metal free? How comfortable is the oplux waist belt?

I had a Cruzr XC and really liked how comfortable it was. But did not like how it felt walking in and how hard it was to adjust the waist belt. So I switched to the Method metal free. I would say comfort level is really close to the XC you can make lots of different adjustments to the Method. But where it really shines for me is walking in it. I dont use the leg straps and it feels just like you are wearing a belt. And the oplux belt is great adjusts super easy, and you dont notice it while in the tree because you can easily loosen it to where you dont even notice it. The more I use the Method the more I love it! It did take me a couple sits to really get used to the 2 panel design but once I did it's been all good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I might be getting on board with the dual panel system as well. I hate walking with my kestrel. It's great to Lean in. But I was trying sitting last hunt out and really felt it was missing something. Up until then I couldn't understand what guys were saying about hip pinch and riding up. I knew what they were saying.
FYI there web site says Black Friday sale friday- Saturday.

I have both the Cruzr XC and method metal free. The Method is superb for walking in, but over 8 hunts I tried and tried to get comfortable. But had hip pinch everytime. Didn't matter the panel position's or if I was sitting/leaning. The Cruzr just about every position I sat I was comfy. It is slightly more uncomfortable walking in, but Id rather slight discomfort walking in than hours of discomfort on stand

It looks like the webbing belt and the rope belt on the metal free version are fed through a webbing sleeve. Is there any reason that if a person ordered the saddle with the webbing belt/buckle that they couldn't switch it out with their own Oplux belt?

i have the belt version, but was just looking at it today and thinking that you could pull it out and DIY a rope belt... I like the belt and the secondary attachment point on the buckle though...

The belts are easy to swap, I did it. Just tie a tag line to the belt your removing to pull the new belt back through.

Attachments

• 7A66EFE2-B38D-45AA-8A3E-55E738F343DB.jpeg
    7A66EFE2-B38D-45AA-8A3E-55E738F343DB.jpeg
    512 KB · Views: 75
The belts are easy to swap, I did it. Just tie a tag line to the belt your removing to pull the new belt back through.

This is exactly why I went with the buckle versions- can switch to a buckle-less easily, and rope is easier to come by than the buckle and webbing.

Great saddle - well thought out. My only suggestion would be to include the rope for the waist belt with the buckle version so you go either way with it.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thanks, that's what it looked like to me. I ordered the buckle version, I already have some extra Oplux so I might try a DIY rope bolt but, If I don't like it I'll have the belt and buckle to switch back to.

What knot are they using on the rope belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What knot are they using on the rope belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cda87cd0f6cf64a8ede2ef45b4e8b063.png

This came from another thread, here on the forum, and I saved the pic.

Only tying one side, and putting a stopper knot in the other side.

Here’s the link to the other thread:

Latitude Method metal free knot
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...free-knot.30683/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Semper Fi,
Mike

This is exactly why I went with the buckle versions- can switch to a buckle-less easily, and rope is easier to come by than the buckle and webbing.

Great saddle - well thought out. My only suggestion would be to include the rope for the waist belt with the buckle version so you go either way with it.

Semper Fi,
Mike

Anybody know if the classic belt is also easily switchable ?

Anybody know if the classic belt is also easily switchable ?

Looking at how the upper belt is sewn in around the top of the saddle, I’m inclined to say that’s it’s not. Send Latitude Outdoors an email- they got back to me in a day or two when I was ordering my saddles from them.

Semper Fi,
Mike

Yeah I sent them a message yesterday, was seeing if I could find answer elsewhere so I can place order before the sale ends

Sigh... Saddle monster took a chunk out of the bank account again. I sat in my kestrel all day yesterday. It's not sitting in the tree. It's the walking in part. Wanna try this two panel system.

Sigh... Saddle monster took a chunk out of the bank account again. I sat in my kestrel all day yesterday. It's not sitting in the tree. It's the walking in part. Wanna try this two panel system.

I recommend adding some Perry Y Suspenders to your setup. Made a world of difference for me.

Semper Fi,
Mike

Thanks for mentioning sale!! Just ordered one to try. BTW they are still on sale this morning

I got one coming too. I still have 1 more doe tag as well. I'll be putting it to the test in late season archery.

I just had my 10 year old nephew up in mine. I also had my 7 year old nephew in it but didn’t get any pics but he was swimming in it. So as small as the 10 year old is, he fit and I have seen some big fellas in it. I have only spend a few hours in it at a time so far and it does take some micro adjusting to get it comfy for an all day sit and each time I go up I find a different way to adjust and it just keeps getting more and more comfortable.

a few mods I plan to do or would like to do is different color ropes for the lineman, and tether or taping ropes to see which is which in the dark. it is very comfortable to walk in, don’t even know it’s there. They shipped with clipless straps for the legs because they ran out but said if I wanted the clips they would send them and yes they are worth having, I have had them pop off while walking without the clips. There is very little not to like about it.

Attachments

• 712319E5-1CDA-410B-98F1-0A3DDEB7E579.jpeg
    712319E5-1CDA-410B-98F1-0A3DDEB7E579.jpeg
    562.4 KB · Views: 38
Back