• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium kick out

I experienced this with my full length heliums. The attachment point on the stick is so high that there is little pressure holding the bottom stand-off to the tree. Using accessory cord rope mod dramatized the kick out. You can’t really lower the attachment point due to the middle step being in the way. Moving the attachment point below the middle step would make the top stand off loose—which is a definite no no.
Therefore, the options would be to use a very tight attachment method (can buckles, etc.), cut the sticks down so that the lower standoff is closer to the attachment point, or buy new sticks.

FWIW, my cut down lw sticks have never kicked out, and I use the buckleless method. It grips so hard I can’t even budge them, and once set, I usually have to yank them out of the bark after removing the strap.

I had a 20” Stick kickout hard this weekend. Lineman’s belt saved my life. I was standing on top of stick setting the next. As I was stepping up it was as if someone pulled a trap door. I fell, raked down the stick I was setting. I quickly put my tether on the tree and tried to recover. Took some time but I was able to salvage the hunt. The bottom standoff on these sticks don’t leverage well into the tree. I have experimented in the yard. I will be modifying another strap on the bottom of each stick. Especially my top stick View attachment 40295
that I had a custom platform made. The stick makes a clunk noise when I shift on it. It’s the bottom stand off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same happen to me and am planning on adding another strap to the bottom of my sticks. I agree on the trap door feeling.

I’ve had some slight shifting if I attach it to the tree and the bottom stand off doesn’t make full contact, but never a kick out. I’m using 6mm accessory cord as a rope mod. I always pull the bottom of the stick away from the tree and then downwards to seat it snuggly. I don’t think the bottom stand off ever really digs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back