• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone Wolf weight reduction...

st3dnut

Anyone here try drilling holes in Lone Wolf climbing sticks like Beast Sticks to lighten them?

Would this compromise the strength/integrity of the stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drilled out a ton of holes on my 6061 this week for weight reduction on my DIY sticks. I made one stick out of spare 6061 without drilling.

Set both up on tree at like 3 feet and jumped up and down. Couldn’t tell a difference between either.

Definitely will be curious about long term but I’m pretty certain you could drill out some of LW stick without compromising function of aluminum

I did it with an API I intended to use for one-stick climbing. For the amount of time (hours) and energy spent, the weight reduction wasn't really worth it.

Drilled out a ton of holes on my 6061 this week for weight reduction on my DIY sticks. I made one stick out of spare 6061 without drilling.

Set both up on tree at like 3 feet and jumped up and down. Couldn’t tell a difference between either.

Definitely will be curious about long term but I’m pretty certain you could drill out some of LW stick without compromising function of aluminum

How much weight did you save?

Just got done with mod this week. Have not hunted them yet. Have bounced on one hard enough for me to have confidence that it will hold 200lbs without issue.
81fe5ad58208347ef368023d4ee964e3.jpg
5beb881da07ebf109a416815a0a82c9a.jpg
f20fc431fe5912ded7de767029196e62.jpg

Sent from my BV9900Pro using Tapatalk

Back