• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sub 3lb platform build

WhitDVT

I just finished up my “klemz style” platform build using an old style lone wolf seat. It should weight about 2lb 10oz including the whoppie sling amsteel rope. I added a nice step on the post similar to the mission.
3f76a3dfaf27f980c99e3e860a0da0c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've often wondered if the straps on a center versa button pull against each other on the button and somewhat cancel each other whereas the two on the side pull against the bolt only.

I've often wondered if the straps on a center versa button pull against each other on the button and somewhat cancel each other whereas the two on the side pull against the bolt only.

I see your point. This is why I went with grade 8 - 5/16”. I think if anything were to fail it will be strap related

I have custom sticks with bolts on the side. They set the best when strap crosses in front of the post and hooks to the opposing side, essentially making an “X” on the front face.
I would think a platform would be the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have custom sticks with bolts on the side. They set the best when strap crosses in front of the post and hooks to the opposing side, essentially making an “X” on the front face.

That is how I plan on attaching. I’m deciding between a Whoopie sling or just Amsteel rope and using a cleat hitch knot. What do you use?

For the versa button style, generally speaking shear dictates, conversely the post are under flexure and tension. Yeah there's something like mechanics of materials ( engineering) that's necessary to know what's happening. Hope this helps.

I think I will incorporate that technique for my OOAL Scout, thanks!

Pretty sure u got the last lone wolf seat! I was like 10 mins to late of getting one of them of archery talk lol good looking platform

Pretty sure u got the last lone wolf seat! I was like 10 mins to late of getting one of them of archery talk lol good looking platform

I bought two off “boonerbrad” on AT about a month ago. I think he had about a dozen of them. I made two identical platforms.

Back