• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr Archon

Two panels will all look similar. Saddles are a utilitarian product that can really only be improved incrementally and the improvements will largely be subjective. Improvements are also likely to be limited in scope unless they start coming out with saddles that have built in rocket boosters to get you up a tree, or something of the like. Most opinions will be based on comfort and personal feel, or because people are "fan boys". Just like the age old Chevy, Ford, Dodge debate. All make great trucks, some just prefer one over the other for various reasons. The good news for us common folk is that competition does force innovation to whatever degree it can be done and also keeps prices relatively in check. So kudos to all the saddle makers, keep on keeping on, it's good for the rest of us. I am going to start a business that's like a food truck...but for saddle hunters. I'll travel around the country and have them all to try.....then you can buy

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The bottom panel looks wider then the method. Only thing I wished different for the method. That & I wished the method was longer from loops to loops

I would not discount this saddle. @Chad Rice produced one of the most comfortable saddles in the Cruzr XC
There may or may not be small differences between it and the method but small differences are what made the Cruzr XC just right for me.
I may be a minority but I preferred the Cruzr XC to the method and I am not a fan boy. This saddle is interesting because I really liked the XC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure who came up with it first (Archon or Transformer or ....) but I love the straps that control how wide the two panels are apart. Even the flex could benefit from this concept on the pleat.

I love my Cruzr XC..... I tried the Lattitude and didn’t like it, but I did like the Oplux rope belt on the Lattitude! That feature was pretty slick!

I have the cruzer S with the upgraded buckle's and amsteel I like the feel first one ever owned but did 2 yrs of researching be for making my mind up money was not a problem safety comfort and security . Glad I bought cruzer but will be getting the xc as well .I run oplux 8 mm bought it at knott n rope company 20 ft for 43 bucks shipped they cut it in two one at 12 ft and on at 8ft I hunt bigger tree so longer ropes were needed .

“The Archon eliminates the biggest issues of a 2-panel saddle”

What issues exactly and how does it eliminate those issues?

reminds me of this:

“The Archon eliminates the biggest issues of a 2-panel saddle”

What issues exactly and how does it eliminate those issues?

Issues. Only one size
That is why I think the Cruzr XC was better for me than the method. I expect that is why some preferred the method over the XC - the method fit them. I loved the rope belt on the method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

reminds me of this:

Similar but still different. All saddles have similarities. Kind of like toilet paper. Similar but different especially different how they feel

Issues. Only one size
That is why I think the Cruzr XC was better for me than the method. I expect that is why some preferred the method over the XC - the method fit them. I loved the rope belt on the method.

“The CRÜZR Archon is a premium 2-panel saddle built with the most quality material available. We took our flagship saddle the XC and split it in half to create the Archon. The Archon eliminates the biggest issues of a 2-panel saddle and is the most thought out comfortable 2-panel design on the market. Coming in at 1lb 11oz and offered in 3 different sizes and 2 different colors. COMING SOON!“

That doesn’t seem to be the “issue”...

Similar but still different. All saddles have similarities. Kind of like toilet paper. Similar but different especially different how they feel

Yeah, I hope saddle makers don't go the way of iPhone and patent a hand gesture or a screen ratio of width to length (patenting basic stuff).

This reminds me of all cars looking similar (wheels, etc).

These guys borrowing from each other and even taking ideas from here that we share is only going to make saddles better for everyone.

“The CRÜZR Archon is a premium 2-panel saddle built with the most quality material available. We took our flagship saddle the XC and split it in half to create the Archon. The Archon eliminates the biggest issues of a 2-panel saddle and is the most thought out comfortable 2-panel design on the market. Coming in at 1lb 11oz and offered in 3 different sizes and 2 different colors. COMING SOON!“

I read it as he was saying the Method had only one size

I hope they offer it with the Cobra buckle for the waist as an upgrade and possibility to upgrade the rear panel straps to something metal (but not weight bearing, something like their stock leg buckles). I don't want to spend decent cash and then have sewn on plastic stuff break because you leaned into them wrong.

agree. i was referring to the back strap idea to secure panels.

Back