• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scope under $250 recommendations

Aaronpaul14

Hey needing a new scope for my 7mag. Don’t really use this anymore for deer since I got my 6.5 but might be taking it elk hunting this fall.

What would you guys recommend for under $250?

Would like to increase that number but all of the other items I’m picking up don’t think I could manage anymore than that this year.

Having handled everything from a Nightforce beast that costs over $4k to a $50 tasco I can tell you that for under $250 and elk I would recommend a Leupold 3-9, it’s a bad time to buy right now though, just like ammo they are in demand.

I like the leupold vx-freedom scopes. You can get them under $300 if you search out the best deal. The one I have is clear and bright.

The made in Japan bushnells and bausch lomb elites are also awesome glass for the money, I used to get lucky and score deals on them, fleabay and gunbroker, it seems to be getting tougher lately, my do everything scope on my out west gun if I ever go again is a bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16, if your patient sometimes you can pick them up reasonable.

The Minox ZA series could be found in this range, but as Topdog mentions, things have gotten scarce.

There is a ZA 3-9x50 on gunbroker for $319. Used to be able to do a bit better on price for them.

Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12. Very nice scope and Flea-bay has them for 250.00. I use one on my 6.5 and it will take me all the way to 1000 yards. Shawn

Back