• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Gear release 2021

I don’t give a rats behind about an announcement... when will we be able to buy the product? That is all I care about.

I hate this "announcement" crap that has taken over the market. Especially when some of the products aren't on the market when it's close to a year after announcement.. ridiculous. We need to start a protest.. if you post an announcement about a product without it being on the market in less than 3 months, no one buys it.. unless its really cool..

I hate this "announcement" crap that has taken over the market. Especially when some of the products aren't on the market when it's close to a year after announcement.. ridiculous. We need to start a protest.. if you post an announcement about a product without it being on the market in less than 3 months, no one buys it.. unless its really cool..
Or just annouce it. Stop with the half picture tease. It's hunting stuff.

Hopefully they don’t start making stupid gender reveal type video announcements. Pop a balloon and a platform falls out. Everyone screams in excitement and runs around like idiots!!!! Lol

oh wait it is kinda like that. Teaser pictures and you wait 6 more months to get it home.

I think it's only fair to mention that these companies have to pump up marketing and hype on their own without the trade shows they typically rely on. And just like with the trade shows, it's typical for a product to be announced much earlier than it is available to buy.

It is called marketing. Sneak peaks. The goal is to generate interest/excitement, discussion about a product, and attract potential clients. While you may not like it....it is an effective approach and is being used in this industry more frequently.....

For example, this article could have been written by a saddle-hunting company....or treestand company....or (take your pick)....

Last edited:
It is called marketing. Sneak peaks. The goal is to generate interest/excitement, discussion about a product, and attract potential clients. While you may not like it....it is an effective approach and is being used in this industry more frequently.....

For example, this article could have been written by a saddle-hunting company....or treestand company....or (take your pick)....

Maybe that works great on Millennials. I’m glad my wife isn’t on trend; can’t wait half a year, call me impatient...

I do understand the ongoing situation has impacted traditional marketing avenues, not just because of a lack of shows but also because of slower timelines of bringing new stuff to market. So, while I think it’s a good point being made, I will always say the tease pics just piss me off personally. I’d rather a company just say: hey, we’re planning to offer this product this year. We’re trying for a roll out by whatever date, and will periodically update you on changes to that target date If necessary. That’s just me. I’m sure the gimmicky marketing attracts others. In the end, if the product is what I want, I’ll buy it.

Maybe that works great on Millennials. I’m glad my wife isn’t on trend; can’t wait half a year, call me impatient...

I do understand the ongoing situation has impacted traditional marketing avenues, not just because of a lack of shows but also because of slower timelines of bringing new stuff to market. So, while I think it’s a good point being made, I will always say the tease pics just piss me off personally. I’d rather a company just say: hey, we’re planning to offer this product this year. We’re trying for a roll out by whatever date, and will periodically update you on changes to that target date If necessary. That’s just me. I’m sure the gimmicky marketing attracts others. In the end, if the product is what I want, I’ll buy it.

And maybe it works great on gen X cause it is working on you. If they didn’t post a sneak peek picture you wouldn’t be on here reading and talking about it, but you are. And that’s exactly what marketing is.... generating buzz.

And maybe it works great on gen X cause it is working on you. If they didn’t post a sneak peek picture you wouldn’t be on here reading and talking about it, but you are. And that’s exactly what marketing is.... generating buzz.

right...you got me pegged:rolleyes:

right...you got me pegged:rolleyes:

It's not personal, it's ubiquitous.

Tethrd climbing sticks. 13 pages, 250 posts, over 5 months.
Cruzr platform.
Trophyline platform.
  • Beast sticks.
  • Lone Wolf Custom Gear 1.0 Stand.
  • Lone Wolf Custom Gear climbing sticks.
  • The ATA show.....
This isn't a new approach due to the pandemic, or targeting specific age groups; it's marketing. It works, and the internet has accelerated that process by making it more accessible in mainstream and visible to the masses. It really is quite interesting to observe how some are the players and others are repeatedly played like marionette's.....

So, while I think it’s a good point being made, I will always say the tease pics just piss me off personally. I’d rather a company just say: hey, we’re planning to offer this product this year. We’re trying for a roll out by whatever date, and will periodically update you on changes to that target date If necessary. That’s just me. I’m sure the gimmicky marketing attracts others. In the end, if the product is what I want, I’ll buy it.

That doesn't generate pre-orders (impulse buys).

Back