• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing sticks

Heavy as heck! And the locking mechanism works great until it breaks. Which happened about third time I used them.

Hawk helium’s. I picked them because they were double steps. They were a modest weight. And, they were very affordable from Mack prairie wings. I was able to buy a set of the full lengths and cut them to 21” long. Added amsteel aiders to each. Bought an extra step to settle on four. With 36” of aider per stick. They get the job done.

With my Novix Mini sticks I can routinely get to 14-15’ easy, with no aiders. If you stretch out a bit between each stick, you should be able to do 16-17 maybe a little more, also with no aiders (I’m not a fan of aiders).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 3 lone wolf sticks with single step rope aiders all year. Double ewo step on top stick for setting stand. I had some movement on the double step do to not being able to tighten fully to allow standoff to pivot. I got 18-19ft. Great sticks but by the end of season I was tired of them snagging on limbs. And they were also to large to fit in my sealed totes. Made up some 22" beast sticks for this coming season. I tried them a few times now and with the pivoting lone wolf standoff they lock on rock solid. Always 4 points of contact. Going to run a single 2 step aider on the bottom stick a see how high it gets me with four sticks. With the extra bolt on the beast step there is no movement what so ever.
a822724d55fe8eadc2c5aaef3aecfa73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Back