• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone tried the new Timberninja sticks?

Lone Wolf sticks are 4” to the outer edge of the step. From what I’ve seen TN C1 are about 3.5”. I don’t have them to compare. TN steps do have more surface area though, but 3.5” is on the shorter side of standoff.

I saw other reviews that give a similar impression of the flex of the step to what you’re saying.

Correct IMO a half inch between a single and a double step is negligible. The Heliums are identical, at least the full length sticks are.

Last edited:
That is a strange analogy...are u saying they are designed to flex on purpose?
Must feel like cushion under your feet...lol

I do not think it was a design choice, but merely a result of using a composite versus aluminum. That probably wasn't the best analogy but it was one I knew people could relate with feeling a difference under their feet. Maybe a wooden ladder versus aluminum would've been a better choice. What I do know is it isn't discomforting or concerning to me and it actually feels better than an aluminum step IMO. I really don't know what's going on in that video as I know mine do not flex like that but I have also never shifted my weight on them like that either.lol

I have a set of the c1 micro sticks. They are 10” in length and weigh in at 14 ozs each. I just got them recently along with a three step moveable aider from backwoodsmobile. I’ve been dying to try them out, but we’ve been getting our asses handed to us by winter storms here on the east coast. What I can say is that the stick feels really solid and well constructed. I’ll be able to provide more feedback once I get to climb with them a bit.

Hard not to comment when the top step looking like a diving board.... I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is deflecting so much... Is it the carbon stick itself? It's hollow correct? Are there bushings where the bolts go thru?

I just want to know how one gets their hands on the C1 minis. I must be missing something on the website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to know how one gets their hands on the C1 minis. I must be missing something on the website

Not intuitive to find...I had to search specifically for “Timber Ninja micro carbon stick”...you won’t get there under their equipment tab.

Last edited:
Hard not to comment when the top step looking like a diving board.... I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is deflecting so much... Is it the carbon stick itself? It's hollow correct? Are there bushings where the bolts go thru?
There is only aluminum square tube at the top and bottom where the bolts are. There is no aluminum at the button and the rest of the stick is carbon tube.

I have a set ordered. I will let y’all know my thoughts when I get them. I really hope they are good.

If I recollect correctly, they tap the standoff so the bolt screws into it. I think the flex is entirely in the step.

I see they have this new video presentation (self review? Self assessment?):

Maybe there is something to discover there.

I want to like TN, and wish them well. Apart from their products, they seem to have an interest in conservation, though I haven’t followed well enough to formulate an opinion on exactly where their conservationist efforts are headed.

While I can see it from their side, kind of hard for the average guy to put in $135 to wait a 1 month to form an opinion on a stick that shares features that we critique other products already on the market for....and not talk about what we are seeing in reviews until we do so.

Not long after I ordered mine from the website the offering disappeared. I emailed Jason and he informed me that he had taken them off the site pending some fabrication issues...I’m assuming he was referring to the new wider / thicker steps. I have not checked the site since I received my sticks, but Jason really gets back to you quickly via direct inquiry (Instagram in my case). Might pay to reach out to him.

These came with 3D printed interlocking tabs installed on the sticks. The following pic is 4 sticks plus my predator in my pack. Really compact and tidy. 9DDFAFDF-12D3-41B8-AB07-AA2A1C581144.jpeg55D62D57-8203-4265-94F7-5DBEE4A175D7.jpeg

Dang them look sharp. I like em. Not bad at 80 a stick
Thanks! I got the Amsteel daisy chains from backwoodsmobilegear and drilled the top cap to install the 550 cord loops myself. Super easy. My pack with sticks, platform, and HYS with S biners and Hero clip bow hook is coming in at 10 lbs. combine that with my method saddle and battle belt with rapelling gear, the total system is about 14 lbs. not too shabby

If I recollect correctly, they tap the standoff so the bolt screws into it. I think the flex is entirely in the step.

I see they have this new video presentation (self review? Self assessment?):

Maybe there is something to discover there.

Just watched the video, that has to be the version I have as I don't see those move but I'm sure you can still feel the flex.

The other video that reviewed all of the different sticks must either be the older version, the step to stand-off is loose, or the stick is defective as mine just don't do that.

Just watched the video, that has to be the version I have as I don't see those move but I'm sure you can still feel the flex.

The other video that reviewed all of the different sticks must either be the older version, the step to stand-off is loose, or the stick is defective.

Those are the new improved steps. There was a video on Facebook when the sticks first came out. Those moved a scary amount.

Back