• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Second Annual Greater Carolina Hangtime

Spence71

UPDATED 3/9/21

Sounds all official don't it??? Can you believe it's been a year already? Who's ready to come show off some new gear? Try some new stuff out? Hang out with the coolest people I know?

John's (Bwhana) is a little too slammed this year to plan this party but there are a few of us that are amped up to get together and goof off.

Even will be held in CLOVER SC. Saturday 3/27 from 11:00am until whenever Ben's wife throw's us all out. =). If for some reason we have to reschedule due to weather, we'll let everyone know early THAT week.

If you didn't make it out last year, we had about 30 folks out there. ALL sorts, I mean literally ALL sort of saddles, climbing methods, and some evil-genius-made creations. Great place to try a different ANYTHING. Or if you are just getting into this stuff, it's a great place to try stuff before you buy. Speaking of buying, they'll be a couple of tables if you want to bring anything to sell. Speaking of stuff, we are also attempting to get some donations of gear from the manufacturers and will again have some sort of raffle. I'll post up pics once we start getting that stuff in. Last year we gave away 3-4 saddles!!!

Lunch will be available for $5 to cover the costs. Early registration voting says we’ll be having BBQ again this year. (Don’t worry. I heard it’s pretty good)

Please let us know if you're planning on attending and how many folks will be coming. Please provide the contact info as that's how we'll be handling a few things this year. We'll have a dedicated "for sale" area, so mark your stuff. We'll plan on demo's, gear reviews, and a general day of fun with fellow saddle hunting enthusiasts.

As we get closer. Follow this post and we’ll continue to update. Location details will be emailed to those that sign up. In that email will be parking instructions as it’s a little funky (most will park at the clubhouse and we’ll be running a cart to and fro to fetch people). Oh. And SIGN UP IF YOU’RE COMING.

We will have some sort of raffle this year. I’m not sure it will be as extensive as last years, but we’ve contacted some members in this forum and about every major company that makes the gear we use for some gear and schwag donations as prizes. We’ll see what shows up.

Hit me up if you want to help with anything.

Thanks everyone!! See y'all soon!!

OH..Here's that link to the registration form. 2nd Annual Greater Carolina Hangtime Signup Form

Last edited:
It'll be in Clover SC (not far from Charlotte). That might be mildly important..

Ben’s house man, keep up,

Clover, SC.

Also, the thread title may confuse some people; I know it says Greater Carolina, but we will definitely welcome folks from North Carolina too.

I will be there. I have been looking for a place to look at all the saddle hunting gear . I don't own 1 yet but have been looking at the cruzer XC. (40 miles is close enough)

I sent this to SCSaddleman. He didn’t attend last year, but I’m sure he’ll attend if he can.

Will happen to be in town for a metal detecting hunt. I guess i could thrown a jx3 in truck as well. Kinda a busy weekend lookin for civil war/rev relics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben is your Man then. He tried to build a subdivision on one of Thomas Sumter’s Revolutionary War encampments near his house.....

I'm in. Probably me and a buddy. I am not well versed in everything. But I have a jx3, recon, beast sticks, EWO ultimate stick. I'll probably bring some of my gear, if others are interested in seeing anything.

Update folks.. We will be having some award-winning BBQ from yours truly. The votes are in and leaning heavily to the BBQ, so.. we aim to please. BBQ it is. Also....

Some door prize teasers... currently waiting on a couple there boxes, but committed we got some saddles, some sticks, Rope bags, back bands, and some other stuff that will all be given away.

Huge thanks to the fine folks at East TN DIY / @always89y, the fine folks at Trophyline, OOAL, Dan-O and many others for their gracious donations.

Come hungry. Bring your gear to show off. Bring your knowledge. Bring your questions. Bring the stuff you want to sell/horse-trade. bring your money for the aforementioned BBQ ($5 per person) and stuff for sale. We will have various saddles and sticks to try. A repelling station. Last year, a few groups ventured off into the woods for some one-sticking demos and trials.

So far I've got about 30 people signed up. If you're coming, please fill out this form so that we can email you details about parking, address etc. We will NOT be posting the address in the thread. I won't anyway. Ben might. But that's his call. haha.

okay.. that's all for now. Thank you all for supporting this!!!

Back