• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stock Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep telling myself I have no business playing around with the meme stocks because I apparently can't time it right. But I'm already in them so I gotta keep trying. I was also up over $200 in AMC today but failed to see the light and am now back in the red. Luckily it's nothing as bad as my position with GME.

gotta put those stop limits in especially in stocks like those that are so volatile

gotta put those stop limits in especially in stocks like those that are so volatile
I'll have to spend time learning more about them tomorrow. I feel like I understand how they work but having not attempted purchasing in that way yet.

I'll have to spend time learning more about them tomorrow. I feel like I understand how they work but having not attempted purchasing in that way yet.
Not really what you purchase them, it’s once you purchase them.

if the stock is trading at $30 for example you can say if it hits $28 you want it to sell x amount of your shares (that x can be all of them or half for example)

I do this a few diff ways to minimize big losses when I buy and then on days where a stock really shoots up. On those days I will adjust my stop loss multiple times as the stock climbs in price to ensure I lock in the most profits I can on a day like that

Not really what you purchase them, it’s once you purchase them.

if the stock is trading at $30 for example you can say if it hits $28 you want it to sell x amount of your shares (that x can be all of them or half for example)

I do this a few diff ways to minimize big losses when I buy and then on days where a stock really shoots up. On those days I will adjust my stop loss multiple times as the stock climbs in price to ensure I lock in the most profits I can on a day like that
Oh my. Well that confirms I am confused about them... I think I follow what you're saying but then again I think I don't. I'll check out the ol YT University tomorrow and gain some knowledge.

Oh my. Well that confirms I am confused about them... I think I follow what you're saying but then again I think I don't. I'll check out the ol YT University tomorrow and gain some knowledge.

what platform do you trade on? Ie fidelity Robinhood etc

Trying to buy today and apparently E-Trade isn't going to let me use the cash I have in my acct from selling yesterday. Grrrrrrrrr

Trying to buy today and apparently E-Trade isn't going to let me use the cash I have in my acct from selling yesterday. Grrrrrrrrr

Not fun. I use webull, funds are available as soon as it tells me they are sold. Usually in minutes.

It looks like the short sellers are pummeling GME and AMC.

Yeah they are. I'm 50 shares deep into AMC (not much compared to most), using their ladder attacks to buy more at a discount.

Their actions tell me everything I need to know about the entire situation.

Not fun. I use webull, funds are available as soon as it tells me they are sold. Usually in minutes.

It's weird because in the past I've been able to use the funds right away but the last few times it's gotten slower and slower. I don't like it. How's a guy supposed to play with digital money if he can't move it around at will?

I sold my AMC shares yesterday. Had enough of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back