• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Overwatch Outdoors - Transformer Saddle

I built a transformer with the buckles and adjustment straps flipped around the way that everyone has requested. It did allow you to overlap the panels. It also made the back of the saddle a little messy and took away from the structure of the saddle when it is in single panel mode. In order to run it like that you would also have to walk in with the leg buckles unhooked or loosened quite a bit. Honestly guys this saddle walks in so well that I don’t think you gain anything from overlapping the panels. On another note, I have made a couple larger sized versions for some guys that got a preorder last week and they worked out well. If you’re a 38 or smaller I wouldn’t go up a size. 40 and over the size 2 is an option. So if you get an order and think you need a bigger size just message me your order number and I can take care of that for you.

Last edited:
So what order numbers have been filled so far. Just curious. kinda like a kid at Christmas. LOL

So what order numbers have been filled so far. Just curious. kinda like a kid at Christmas. LOL
I’m halfway through all 30 preorders from last week. A little bit ahead of schedule. Should have them all done and shipped by the 20-25 of this month if everything goes well

Saw some questions about the different types of D rings I’m using so I thought I would answer it here. I use whichever Fusion D ring that’s available when I order them. It seems that there is an aluminum shortage so the d rings are hard to find at times. I’ve used both styles and I honestly can’t tell a difference between the two as far as comfort. For the bent d rings I turn them to where the bend is in towards your body because they wear better like that and turning them out didn’t cause any comfort benefits. Also the molle that you saw on the bottom of Spencer’s saddle is just something I put on all of my personal saddles. The one he reviewed was a saddle I built for myself so it had the lower molle and d ring. If that is something you want on your saddle message me when you order one and I’ll add it to your saddle no charge.

I finally got the remove-able/adjustable leg straps and buckles figured out and functioning well. For any of you guys that have one of the first 50 saddles that want that feature it’s pretty easy to update it so just get with me and mail me your saddle if you want or need that feature and I’ll update it for you. Sorry I didn’t think of it sooner

I finally got the remove-able/adjustable leg straps and buckles figured out and functioning well. For any of you guys that have one of the first 50 saddles that want that feature it’s pretty easy to update it so just get with me and mail me your saddle if you want or need that feature and I’ll update it for you. Sorry I didn’t think of it sooner
Can you post some pictures of what your referring to?

It’s a really slick system. I was only going to do it if I could find a way to keep the strength up to par and the cobra slide works really well for that. The fact that it made the length of the leg buckles adjustable was a big bonus because it allows you to move them away from those d rings and eliminate the noise risk of them touching. It also makes the saddle more of a custom fit for guys with different leg sizes

It’s a really slick system. I was only going to do it if I could find a way to keep the strength up to par and the cobra slide works really well for that. The fact that it made the length of the leg buckles adjustable was a big bonus because it allows you to move them away from those d rings and eliminate the noise risk of them touching. It also makes the saddle more of a custom fit for guys with different leg sizes
@JCLINE84 - Fantastic improvement! I hope you're planning to build a truck-load of saddles this year ... 'cause if you thought you were busy before ... the "Saddlehunter effect" is about to raise the bar higher and melt down your inbox!

@JCLINE84 Some non-members were asking about shipping times on the last batch of Transformer orders in this thread: https://saddlehunter.com/community/...en-an-overwatch-yet.36609/page-10#post-532880
I know they can't respond in the vendor section if they aren't a paying member but I believe they can still see the vendor forums so they could still get the update if you responded here.

Also, someone mentioned that @Treehopper2 or whoever makes the Bravo saddles would be making the transformers so there was some curiosity about that as well.

I talked to Mark Wednesday and he said they are working as fast as they can to get them all finished up. They build everything in batches so every time we made a change it slowed things way down. But Mark says everything is in place and they should be shipping any day now. It’s been a struggle with Covid and material availability. To give you guys an idea, Sterling is about 6 weeks minimum wait time on rope right now. So if you need saddle hunting supplies such as rope I wouldn’t wait til season rolls around. I wish I had an exact date but I check in with them every couple days because I’m impatient also lol. I can guarantee you will have them very soon even if I have to start over and build them myself. I didn’t want to do preorders and make guys wait until they’re saddles were built so I waited until they told me we were a week away before I opened up orders. And we still didn’t meet that deadline so while I understand why companies have had such long wait times with saddle preorders in the past it still annoys me that it’s taking a couple extra weeks.

Last edited:
Back