• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd "One" Stick in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the opportunity to use the sticks. They were borrowed from a friend. The standoff height is not much different then my helium's. The biggest difference is the curvature in the step which puts the step closest to the tree at its most narrow part. But overall they're still easy to climb. As far as the noise some stealth strips and maybe a little dab of great stuff in the end of each tube will quiet them down more than enough. The steps and standoffs make a little sound when you first set them, but I think most of that will go away with stealth strips and closing the end of the tube. I would have tried it out myself but like I said the sticks did not belong to me. I also found the easiest way to put the sticks together is to lay them on top of each other line up the pins and just squeeze. I had no fiddle Factor at all putting the sticks together. They are so incredibly light. I would say the biggest disadvantages packability because of the fix steps and standoffs. But you can find a way to make anything work if your willing to. I did not bother weighing the sticks just because I don't care if they are half an ounce heavier or lighter either way. I think they are a great product and I believe lots and lots of people will find that they are happy with the money they spent. These sticks will save me about two and a half pounds on my helium Minis

How high were you climbing with how many sticks?

A one pound stick isn’t anything worth getting excited about, to me. Surprisingly, without getting worn out and falling over, I can carry hawk helium at 2 pounds, or a Shikar that weighs a pound and half.

If an extra pound or two causes me that much physical duress to carry, it’s time to hang it up and find a new hobby.

Weight is the only thing the Tethrd stick has going for it. Considering that, there’s better options.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tethrd doesn’t care about noise IMO. Look how much time and money folks spend quieting down their predator platform out of the box. Doesn’t seem like something they prioritize highly and by all accounts the one sticks are LOUD if you accidentally bump them together! No bueno for me and hopefully a bug they flesh out for gen 2 of these sticks. Would be great when paying this much to get something quiet out of the box!
Do you actually have a Predator, or is this just speculation? Mine has 2.5 years on it with no issues with noise and I didn't do a darn thing to it except paint.

I have / had quite a few different sticks, there isn't a single one that is silent.

The total deal breaker for me is where these are being made. Tethrd started out being 100% American made, then they started outsourcing only their soft good accessories because the American sew houses couldn't keep up (so it was said). Then the ESS and the Menace started their lives outsourced. At the end of the day, a company that tried to plant it's flagpole in the "Made in USA" camp from the beginning has seemed to abandon that philosophy, and I think there are other options made right here that I would rather purchase.

You can climb as high as your wallet will take you... if you have $650 (6 sticks) it’ll easily take you all the way to 20’

Crazy as it sounds:

1. That is 4 pounds lighter than say 4 lone wolf original sticks
2. At even spacing, I'm not sure you quite make it to 20ft with 6

Crazy as it sounds:

1. That is 4 pounds lighter than say 4 lone wolf original sticks
2. At even spacing, I'm not sure you quite make it to 20ft with 6
This is why I mostly climb on a moving rope system. A few preset paracord loops, 4lbs and 9oz worth of deep woods 7/16” rope (75’ of rope) and I can go all the way to 30’ quick, quiet, and never do I feel in danger of falling. Total cost to 30’ is $79.99

Initially everyone thought these things would sell out instantly. Surprisingly, they are still in stock. Could this be an indication that people are beginning to recognize the quality control issues, customer service issues, and made in China issues that Tethrd has? Or, have people watched enough of the review videos to realize that this stick only has light weight going for it? No other aspects of the stick make it better than any other option out there.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American

I
Do you actually have a Predator, or is this just speculation? Mine has 2.5 years on it with no issues with noise and I didn't do a darn thing to it except paint.

I have / had quite a few different sticks, there isn't a single one that is silent.

The total deal breaker for me is where these are being made. Tethrd started out being 100% American made, then they started outsourcing only their soft good accessories because the American sew houses couldn't keep up (so it was said). Then the ESS and the Menace started their lives outsourced. At the end of the day, a company that tried to plant it's flagpole in the "Made in USA" camp from the beginning has seemed to abandon that philosophy, and I think there are other options made right here that I would rather purchase.
I have the original predator, in fact I have two of them, it makes some noise but nothing some stealth strip didn’t fix. I won’t knock the platform and I can’t hate on a company that recognized that they could corner a niche market with great marketing and by patenting every suggestion other hunters made (but weren’t selling). I mean full bury Amsteel is pretty common in the marine industry! In essence it’s making double braided rope, and using a prusik loop to make an adjustable bridge has been used for ever, but it’s somehow patent pending technology for a saddle because traditional arborist cannot use it? Traditional arborist also require lanyard (tethers) to be at least 10mm and prusiks to be 8mm, hunting recreationally is different than being an arborist professionally. Again though we can’t hate on them for doing that. In fact it’s marketing genius. I just know they won’t be getting any more of my money because in my opinion there are better options out there and companies that are only supporting our economy by keeping the sewing here and materials purchased from right here in the US.

In their defense, do you think it makes business sense to bring a China-made stick to market at $110 a pop, or an American-made stick at $150-200 each?

I'm betting the move wasn't so much about profit margin as it was about just-plain being able to SELL the stick in today's market.

I might be wrong, but just a thought. American-made pride would keep a lot of new things (hunting or otherwise) from ever hitting the market, it it was of #1 importance.

I think Tethrd has a good start to what could be a great stick but I won't be buying until they fix a few of the issues everyone is talking about. I get that they want to stay at the 1 pound mark but personally I would be happier with a little bigger stand off to give more foot room from the tree, giving another inch or two puts them up there with most other sticks & shouldn't add too much weight.

Also need to do something to help quiet them down out of the box (stealth strip partnership would be sweet) & hopefully make the top tabs for stacking them together shorter than the bottoms to make that process easier.

Love the basis for these sticks - but there is significant room for improvement.

I think Tethrd has a good start to what could be a great stick but I won't be buying until they fix a few of the issues everyone is talking about. I get that they want to stay at the 1 pound mark but personally I would be happier with a little bigger stand off to give more foot room from the tree, giving another inch or two puts them up there with most other sticks & shouldn't add too much weight.

Also need to do something to help quiet them down out of the box (stealth strip partnership would be sweet) & hopefully make the top tabs for stacking them together shorter than the bottoms to make that process easier.

Love the basis for these sticks - but there is significant room for improvement.

All good points. It's pretty amusing that these sticks hit the hands of 10s of prostaffers, etc and they have a laundry list of improvements for Gen 2. The things just went for sale to the general public last night and I've already decided I'll wait for Gen 2. :sob:

In their defense, do you think it makes business sense to bring a China-made stick to market at $110 a pop, or an American-made stick at $150-200 each?

I'm betting the move wasn't so much about profit margin as it was about just-plain being able to SELL the stick in today's market.

I might be wrong, but just a thought. American-made pride would keep a lot of new things (hunting or otherwise) from ever hitting the market, it it was of #1 importance.
They could sell an American made stick for $120. It wouldn’t make $100 profit on each stick sold, it might only make $50, and then of course some of that has to cover the high insurance premiums for this type of equipment. So I can understand foreign outsourcing, it’s a great idea if you are trying to get rich. Quality comes at a cost and it’s way cheaper to have things sewn for $15-$20 per saddle and then pay a little for shipping than it is to pay $75-100 per saddle, But then you lose the credibility of saying you’re American made.

Anyone know if they are offering military discount on the sticks?

All good points. It's pretty amusing that these sticks hit the hands of 10s of prostaffers, etc and they have a laundry list of improvements for Gen 2. The things just went for sale to the general public last night and I've already decided I'll wait for Gen 2. :sob:
I wish they would've listened to the complaints & tried to improve them first, who knows maybe they are already working on Gen 2. Love the packability of them & the attachment method, really think they could be the perfect stick with a couple changes. Be interested to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back