• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd "One" Stick in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
A one pound stick isn’t anything worth getting excited about, to me. Surprisingly, without getting worn out and falling over, I can carry hawk helium at 2 pounds, or a Shikar that weighs a pound and half.

If an extra pound or two causes me that much physical duress to carry, it’s time to hang it up and find a new hobby.

Weight is the only thing the Tethrd stick has going for it. Considering that, there’s better options.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I go hunting it’s not a hiking or camping trip.. I’m doing everything I can to keep quiet and to keep my body from getting sweated, which causes bacteria and the deer smell bacteria. It’s not that every guy that’s purchased these can’t handle carrying a 2 pound stick or even a 3 pound stick because we’ve been doing it for years with no issues... but why carry a 10lbs crossbow, when you can carry a 3 lbs recurve? This isn’t about pro being week or unable. I would venture to say most guys that bought the tethrd one sticks aren’t helpless people that can’t handle heavy sticks , we just realized that weight causes fatigue and sweat... What is the deer’s best way to find a hunter? Their nose, now we try to hunt the wind 95% of the time, but it doesn’t always work that way when going to a stand or in a tree.
I hunt between 3-4 states a year, all public from September to February I’m in a tree, that’s a lot of walking and carrying gear ... I can assure you that when you go from a heavy stick to Catalyst carbon pro sticks, it made my hunts so much nicer, as the Tethrd one stick will do for others and myself included. Buy whatever you want to take in the woods with you and enjoy your hunting opportunity, but don’t bash a product you have never seen in person or used.

Just like all the goin’ deep, ultra light public land hunters where you here traffic sounds on their videos.

Ha!!!!

I live on the side of a mountain 5 miles up a dirt road...the only thing I sometimes here from the tree is the farmer in the valley on the other side of the ridges Sheep, cows and a couple dogs.

When I go hunting it’s not a hiking or camping trip.. I’m doing everything I can to keep quiet and to keep my body from getting sweated, which causes bacteria and the deer smell bacteria. It’s not that every guy that’s purchased these can’t handle carrying a 2 pound stick or even a 3 pound stick because we’ve been doing it for years with no issues... but why carry a 10lbs crossbow, when you can carry a 3 lbs recurve? This isn’t about pro being week or unable. I would venture to say most guys that bought the tethrd one sticks aren’t helpless people that can’t handle heavy sticks , we just realized that weight causes fatigue and sweat... What is the deer’s best way to find a hunter? Their nose, now we try to hunt the wind 95% of the time, but it doesn’t always work that way when going to a stand or in a tree.
I hunt between 3-4 states a year, all public from September to February I’m in a tree, that’s a lot of walking and carrying gear ... I can assure you that when you go from a heavy stick to Catalyst carbon pro sticks, it made my hunts so much nicer, as the Tethrd one stick will do for others and myself included. Buy whatever you want to take in the woods with you and enjoy your hunting opportunity, but don’t bash a product you have never seen in person or used.

On the same token, have you used the One Stick? If not, then you have no basis upon which you can sing it’s praises. The video comparisons clearly show its weaknesses. As I stated, it’s low weight is all it has going for it, which as you stated above, is the sole reason you like the stick. That’s fine. But I think it’s not a good implement for hunting. Too noisy. Too cumbersome. And made in China.

A shikar weighs 25 ounces. That’s 9 ounces more than a One Stick. Is 9 ounces gonna make you sweat? Really. Is it?

Semper Fi,
Mike

On the same token, have you used the One Stick? If not, then you have no basis upon which you can sing it’s praises. The video comparisons clearly show its weaknesses. As I stated, it’s low weight is all it has going for it, which as you stated above, is the sole reason you like the stick. That’s fine. But I think it’s not a good implement for hunting. Too noisy. Too cumbersome. And made in China.

A shikar weighs 25 ounces. That’s 9 ounces more than a One Stick. Is 9 ounces gonna make you sweat? Really. Is it?

Semper Fi,
Mike
It’s amazing the excuses you use and others use because you’re too cheap to spend $$$ on sticks...
I agree I try to buy USA product... But yet most guys that have issues with China made, still have Facebook and Twitter.

It’s amazing the excuses you use and others use because you’re too cheap to spend $$$ on sticks...
I agree I try to buy USA product... But yet most guys that have issues with China made, still have Facebook and Twitter.
I think the issue arises because Tethrd advertises "made in the USA" on some of their products and also sells China stuff. Not calling it false advertising, just misleading.

Isn't Facebook banned in China?

If Tethrd didn't exist I bet 50% of the people here wouldn't be on this forum. They are creative, generous, kind and work harder/smatter than any other "saddle company" on the market. World trade is going to happen no matter what. It can be good and bad at the same time but their products speak for themselves. Every year they come out with something new and once the new products hit the shelves they use and listen to opinions to improve on all their products. I remember my first gen SYS hauler. USA made...the second gen was made in China and was twice as durable and built even better. Trade from China has a place in the Global economy. We should be thanking Tethrd for everything they've done for this niche style of hunting. They are helping everyone, even their competitors. I garentee everyone here complaining about China has something from China that they use EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Props to Tethrd for using their creative vision to re-engineer a climbing stick. Everyone already knows that the GEN 2 will be even better because that's what they do. Listen, learn, think and improve.

Thank you tethrd for pushing the envelope. You guys are awesome.

If Tethrd didn't exist I bet 50% of the people here wouldn't be on this forum. They are creative, generous, kind and work harder/smatter than any other "saddle company" on the market. World trade is going to happen no matter what. It can be good and bad at the same time but their products speak for themselves. Every year they come out with something new and once the new products hit the shelves they use and listen to opinions to improve on all their products. I remember my first gen SYS hauler. USA made...the second gen was made in China and was twice as durable and built even better. Trade from China has a place in the Global economy. We should be thanking Tethrd for everything they've done for this niche style of hunting. They are helping everyone, even their competitors. I garentee everyone here complaining about China has something from China that they use EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Props to Tethrd for using their creative vision to re-engineer a climbing stick. Everyone already knows that the GEN 2 will be even better because that's what they do. Listen, learn, think and improve.

Thank you tethrd for pushing the envelope. You guys are awesome.

Whoa whoa whoa. Who cares if the whiners use stuff from China every single day?!

Where I spent a couple hundred bucks on a saddle is MUCH more important than where I spend thousands on every appliance and electronic in my life! Economics! Patriotism!

No matter what shape you are in, if you walk in deep on hilly terrain, then you can get fatigued. Some of us try to decrease weight everywhere we can, including sticks/other climbing method. If you analyze every part of your setup and spend the money/brain energy to come up with a lighter weight option, then overall you can really decrease pack weight (I don't think I need to explain how decreasing weight on all items by 33% ends up decreasing overall weight by 33%). I don't one stick (I use 12 steps and a platform), and I have my full pack (Mystery Ranch with sternum and waist straps) down to less than 15 lbs and that includes the pack plus everything I need for safety, not getting lost/survival, snacks, self-rescue, etc for an all day rut hunt. (minus any extra clothes I would pack during really cold weather) I'm in good shape for my age, but a 15 lbs versus a 25 lbs pack is a big deal if you walk straight up a big hill in WV and make a 5 or more mile round trip that day.

I feel these "get in shape, you fat/weakling" comments don't add anything to the conversation and are rather narrow in scope and don't take into account that other people hunt in different ways on various terrain.

EDIT: For example, I actually ordered an ultralight branch saw from England for $20, not because I can't carry a > 1 lbs branch saw, but because if I do this everywhere, then I actually end up saving a lot of weight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back