• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd "One" Stick in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its going to get locked up tighter than ****s hat band. Why is it **** someone's name.

I think the main complaint on China made products is the fact they are a communist regime

No matter what shape you are in, if you walk in deep on hilly terrain, then you can get fatigued. Some of us try to decrease weight everywhere we can, including sticks/other climbing method. If you analyze every part of your setup and spend the money/brain energy to come up with a lighter weight option, then overall you can really decrease pack weight (I don't think I need to explain how decreasing weight on all items by 33% ends up decreasing overall weight by 33%). I don't one stick (I use 12 steps and a platform), and I have my full pack (Mystery Ranch with sternum and waist straps) down to less than 15 lbs and that includes the pack plus everything I need for safety, not getting lost/survival, snacks, self-rescue, etc for an all day rut hunt. (minus any extra clothes I would pack during really cold weather) I'm in great shape for my age, but a 15 lbs versus a 25 lbs pack is a big deal if you walk straight up a big hill in WV and make a 5 or more mile round trip that day.

I feel these "get in shape, you fat/weakling" comments are just macho chest thumping and don't add anything to the conversation.

But...I ultimately question the weight savings. How many Tethrd sticks are needed compared to slightly heavier options that allow use of devices to elongate the stick's effective length (aka aiders).

We've heard murmurs of solutions, but to my knowledge, aider use with these sticks is still a little up in the air.

For folks not using aiders, seems you're gonna have to stretch things out and need a lot of sticks.

I think the main complaint on China made products is the fact they are a communist regime
I agree I wish we could buy everything made in America but that's not an option. I do like buying made in America when available and at a competitive price.

But...I ultimately question the weight savings. How many Tethrd sticks are needed compared to slightly heavier options that use devices to elongate the stick's effective length (aka aiders).

We've heard murmurs of solutions, but to my knowledge, aider use with these sticks is still a little up in the air.

For folks not using aiders, seems you're gonna have to stretch things out and need a lot of sticks.
I think some of the pro staff were using some aiders in some of their video's but I may be wrong.

For those concerned with weight savings. You can get a gym membership for the price difference between some Hawks and these sticks. Problem solved.

Creates a new problem. No one wants to watch YouTube reviews about golds gym, their new kettle bells and how it will help you carry those last season sticks weighing an extra half pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some of the pro staff were using some aiders in some of their video's but I may be wrong.

Yes, but here is my current understanding of compatibility:

Wire Aider = No go
Versa (cleat) Aider = Not recommended by Tethrd
Knaider / Swaider = Damages Sticks

I think some of the pro staff were draping webbing aiders over the top or something. Like I said, it remains a bit up in the air, to my knowledge. And with the already short standoffs, likely a bit precarious when done.

A lot of this discussion has really gotten funky, and folks have set up camp well before this release and continue to dig in. Moving past the old ground, I'm curious to know what the aider "solution(s)" is/are.

Wire Aider = No go

I think some of the pro staff were draping webbing aiders over the top or something. Like I said, its a bit up in the air. And with the already short standoffs, likely a bit precarious when done.

A lot of this discussion has really gotten funky, and folks have set up camp well before this release. Miving over the old ground, I'm curious to know what the aider "solution(s)" are.

I think a foot loop is gonna be the aider of choice for these. Multiple step aider = double foot loops?

Wire Aider = No go

I think some of the pro staff were draping webbing aiders over the top or something. Like I said, it remains a bit up in the air, to my knowledge. And with the already short standoffs, likely a bit precarious when done.

A lot of this discussion has really gotten funky, and folks have set up camp well before this release. Miving over the old ground, I'm curious to know what the aider "solution(s)" are.
I'm excited to see what kind of aiders the members of this forum will create once they get their hands on these.

Try again. Texas. And Shikars are also made in Oklahoma.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American
Your telling me the hawk helium's are made in Texas????????????????????????????????????

My mistake. Frankenmuth, MI

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American
The company may be based there but I would think if the sticks were made in the USA the website would advertise that? I thought that Hawk were made in China? I could be wrong

I sold mine or I would take a picture and post there made status. Does anybody have a set that tells where they are made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back