• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone gotten an overwatch yet?

In order to make sure the suspension webbing slides through the d-rings smoothly, I would focus on putting sleeves over the leg and waist buckles, personally. I use small sleeves sewn out of camo fleece for this purpose. Very easy to make, just the right amount of stretch and works well to quiet down the metal tinks.
Got pics?

I saw in previous posts someone stretched bicycle tubing over the D rings, this is something I plan on doing. Doesn't interfere with the function of the rings.....I will have to untie the one side of the bridge to slide the tube on though. I need to confirm that's a figure 8.

I had bike tubes on mine and took them off. Make sure you trim enough of an opening around the ring/ bridge area to slide without interference. That will create its own little noise when moving if not. I Stealth stripped ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got pics?

Here you go. I slide them up to fasten/unfasten the buckle as shown in first pic. Then pull them over the buckle when wearing my saddle as in the second pic. Very simple.

daf07e41bdb198576592fa5c28658d3b.jpg

0988fdc626366d9ade6c2c5facbdd0dd.jpg

Lots of great ideas guys, thanks. I don't even have the saddle yet, and I changed my mind a few times on what my plans are...haha.

Here you go. I slide them up to fasten/unfasten the buckle as shown in first pic. Then pull them over the buckle when wearing my saddle as in the second pic. Very simple.

Thanks looks great

That’s pretty slick! Great idea!!

This saddle is well built. Other then the raptor buckles being a little noise with a simple cover on them will work just fine. Comfortable. I am so glad I did my home work and purchased this saddle American Made product.

Attachments

• 2D8106F6-11C1-4C1A-86E3-754A31C8DA0E.jpeg
    2D8106F6-11C1-4C1A-86E3-754A31C8DA0E.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 120
What are y’all’s initial thoughts?
Obviously not much time in it but my initial thoughts:
Quality is exceptional as everyone else has stated.
I’m more of a single panel guy and mostly lean. Best way I can explain it is it’s like having a latitude method and classic in one saddle and I think if you have the panels separated it’s more comfy than the method and with panels together it’s better than the classic and the classic is my favorite saddle to date. It’s going to take a little diy to quit down the metal parts but I think it’s worth the effort.

Mine came in today as well..man I really couldn't be happier with it. It is really comfortable..I am coming from a phantom and it is a night and day difference.

I added this mini kong figure 8 as a tender on the bridge and it adjusts super smooth:

IMG_2827.jpg

Obviously not much time in it but my initial thoughts:
Quality is exceptional as everyone else has stated.
I’m more of a single panel guy and mostly lean. Best way I can explain it is it’s like having a latitude method and classic in one saddle and I think if you have the panels separated it’s more comfy than the method and with panels together it’s better than the classic and the classic is my favorite saddle to date. It’s going to take a little diy to quit down the metal parts but I think it’s worth the effort.

I told you guys this was a sweet saddle. I’ll be holding onto mine for a while.

I told you guys this was a sweet saddle. I’ll be holding onto mine for a while.

Your review was spot on. You really can make a noticeable change in the feel by pushing or pulling the D rings and the panel adjustment, which looks a little backwards when you watch someone else do it, is exactly how it should be.

Couple things I’m playing with so far.
Found an old neoprene golf ball sleeve that I cut and put over the waist buckle.
I’m not a leg loop guy but there’s no way I’d ever cut them off so this is what I’ve come up with so far. Thinking I might cut the thumbs off a pair of old neoprene gloves I have for ice fishing if I can find them for the leg buckles. I removed the male end of the buckle and rolled up the straps and put a heavy rubber band around them.
I don’t think I’ll mess with the d rings because I don’t want to hinder their ability to self adjust and feel that if they are kept tight to my body until I’m ready to tether in they shouldn’t 25E06AA5-0DD0-4A68-B34B-CF3E78D574E3.jpeg22F9F5ED-E556-4A19-B006-734B5EF4D0AA.jpegbe an issue.

Back