• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Best! Greatest of All Time! Game Changing! The Most Awsome!

Is that any worse than someone receiving a piece of gear, using it once, then using all those words to describe it while recommending that everyone in the world go out buy one.....then a month later, they are ranting about what a piece of trash it is, while wondering if Company X will manage to stay in business it’s so bad. Company X puts in a fix months later and suddenly “They are the best company on the planet” again. Meanwhile, I’m wondering why they didn’t use it a little before they recommended that I rush out and buy it, which I’m not going to do because I’m smarter than that. But still, it’s a little annoying listening to someone rave about something you know they really haven’t used yet.

Which begs the question, how long should you use a product before you declare it the biggest “game changer” on the planet and that everyone run out and buy one yesterday?

Is that any worse than someone receiving a piece of gear, using it once, then using all those words to describe it while recommending that everyone in the world go out buy one.....then a month later, they are ranting about what a piece of trash it is, while wondering if Company X will manage to stay in business it’s so bad. Company X puts in a fix months later and suddenly “They are the best company on the planet” again. Meanwhile, I’m wondering why they didn’t use it a little before they recommended that I rush out and buy it, which I’m not going to do because I’m smarter than that. But still, it’s a little annoying listening to someone rave about something you know they really haven’t used yet.

Which begs the question, how long should you use a product before you declare it the biggest “game changer” on the planet and that everyone run out and buy one yesterday?
At least one full season!!! I say that because it might be great for a hunt or two and then tear up or fall apart during hunt number 4!
And if you want views for your you tube channel, you have to hash tag Company X because they market well and people search them. Then if you really want Company X to sponsor you or to invite you on their next “hunting challenge”, you gotta sing their praises (you also need at least 30K viewers /subscribers or you aren’t worth it to them)
If you’re really lucky they will make you a “pro staffer” and then you get free or discounted gear and all the perks of views from people searching them. That’s why you use it once in the backyard for 15 minutes and rush to you tube forthe review calling it the best thing ever. Even worse is people are gullible and buy it just becauseof the recommendation of people who used it for 15 minutes!

Last edited:

The worst is when someone has just bought something and says how great it is. Then they say it will be here any day.

The worst is when someone has just bought something and says how great it is. Then they say it will be here any day.

I’ve seen some reviews lately where people either a) act like they have been using something that’s new to the market for years or b) talk something up as if it’s amazing and then talk about why they aren’t using it anymore on their next video.

I simply cannot understand this desire people have to be some sort of in internet influencer based on products they have nothing to do with and about which they are a dubious expert at best. There’s a fine line between helpful to the community and LARPing as Billy Mays on an informercial.

I’ve seen some reviews lately where people either a) act like they have been using something that’s new to the market for years or b) talk something up as if it’s amazing and then talk about why they aren’t using it anymore on their next video.

I simply cannot understand this desire people have to be some sort of in internet influencer based on products they have nothing to do with and about which they are a dubious expert at best. There’s a fine line between helpful to the community and LARPing as Billy Mays on an informercial.
Or when they say, I don’t “saddle hunt” but I know enough to be dangerous and so and so makes the best saddle on the market.... SMH how would you know the best saddle on the market if you don’t even use saddles to hunt? That to me is mind blowing

I think it really depends....I'm totally with u and can't stand when peeps recommend something that haven't been tested fully. Sticks, platforms, saddle I think u need a full hunting season or at least 3-5 consecutive days of dark to dark hunting...but some things u know they work good for u in just a couple uses...I knew the first time I used my doyles hoist vs paracord that it was right for my system....

Honestly as soon as you have an idea of how it performs.

Just don't oversell it and be honest about downside.

I should add a new one. MASSIVE!

Many of these companies and individuals all claim they have a mission to help you. Translation...."our mission is to sell you something so we can go hunting places you cant"
Yeah, there’s even some guys out there that used our great system of capitalism to do just that! Like they stated specifically in an interview. I for one am pretty happy they did, made hunting a lot more fun for me. Just my opinion tho

I still like the time the YouTube guys take to review the product. It lets me see and decide for myself if it may something I’d consider
A lot of the tether one stick reviewers I’ve seen still show some of the downsides to the stick. Some definitely sort of skirt around a glaring issue though. That’s just an example off top of my head not saying other products don’t have hiccups in their item.
It’s a time where a new market has emerged and entrepreneurs are trying to get their piece of the pie. I think it’s the best time ever to be a saddle hunter. The hard part is being patient to see what comes out and when to just bite the bullet and buy something.

I copied the video to my Youtube channel. Thanks, Woodsdog2. This looks dangerous. Please subscribe to my Youtube channel.

My wife once wanted a kitchen knife set that she saw at 1 am that can smashed into bricks and stay sharp. I told her the reason why I do most of the cooking is the fact that she think someday she NEEDS a kitchen knife that can smash into brick....IN THE KITCHEN.

Back