• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform??

McButter27

I am at a loss. Don’t know which platform to buy. I want to cut weight but I don’t want to sacrifice comfort. I am 6’5 220 and have a size 14 boot. I am hunting out of a transformer saddle.

At your size (my size too) the difference in weight between saddle platforms is nothing to worry about. I wear size 14/15. I tried the XL and mission side by side. The mission is still on my back. The XL went in the classifieds the next day. This topic has been discussed at length. The search engine can be difficult to navigate at times.

I appreciate the fees back. I was leaning towy the mission just wasn’t sure. I wanted the weight of 5.5. I have full length lone wolf sticks that are 9lbs.

Ive been through several platforms now. I’m On my 3rd Ridge Runner because I kept changing my mind. Had the Mission before and it was awesome. Only reason I let it go was because it was so much like a tree stand I just decided to go that route so got the .5 stand at a really nice discount. But I am really considering getting another Mission or the new EDP when it comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been through several platforms now. I’m On my 3rd Ridge Runner because I kept changing my mind.

You keep going back...
You must like the Ridge Runner that much?

Last edited:
You keep going back...
You must like the Ridge Runner that much?

Yeah kind of. Kept thinking the grass was greener on the other side. One of those kind of things. Kept going back to the RR for the small details i guess. Things like: small business American made, all metal with no plastic parts attached, holds well to the tree no matter what, awesome grip, extruded aluminum instead of cast, straight simple shape and doesn’t have a bunch of jagged curves to it (those are ok and I get the benefit of them on other platforms), folds up out of the way on the tree while still strapped tight to the tree which for me is nice to slip by it getting up or down, small and compact but still big enough to stand on if I want, straps and carries well on a pack. Stuff like that.

I have run the Podium the last 2 season and been happy with it. Only size 11 and 175 lbs though...

I am your size and really like my Mission. I like to be able to stand on it when I get tired of leaning or sitting.

My vote is the Trophyline Mission platform. You can't go wrong with that platform.

Back