• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd One Climbing Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spit my coke out laughing when I read
“Usually Meth” keeps me personally from eating through a straw, but calculate darn near everything twice (once for the risk and second since I’m from Kentucky).

Lol. I may need a nap. It’s been a long week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Word is too much meth and you need a straw, not the other way around. :tearsofjoy:

For the prices of these premium sticks I think they should be atleast 5 years. Lifetime would sure be nice...

But I don’t see lifetime warranty on the beast gear site. But I do recall Dan saying that... they did replace my bent standoffs after 2 years.

Dan and Mario have each said that they’ll replace anything that fails no questions asked. Idk why they don’t put it on their site but I’ve seen them honor it countless times.

Dan and Mario have each said that they’ll replace anything that fails no questions asked. Idk why they don’t put it on their site but I’ve seen them honor it countless times.

because it’s “just a thing they do”, not a “thing they want you to know they do”.

we approach “warranty” same way in my business in form of performance guarantee. “Product x will do y, or we fix or replace for free.” I say it once and move on. My focus is on what me/ the product will do for you, not the product itself.

Seems to be crickets on the Facebook...good or bad. Make of that what you will, but this is the only place I’ve seen any discussion about the sticks and their issues.

Unfortunately they(their affiliates, or their "bros")control the content on fb pages. They can approve, delete or just silently remove content without even the original poster knowing....checkout the mods on fb pages, thats public info...that will show you where their loyalty lies(pun intended)...

I spit my coke out laughing when I read
“Usually Meth” keeps me personally from eating through a straw, but calculate darn near everything twice (once for the risk and second since I’m from Kentucky).

Lol. I may need a nap. It’s been a long week!!

Buncha methed out coke heads climbing trees with a single stick, some of them so high they don't even need a stick... All while wearing saddle diapers

Buncha nonsense I tellya.
o_O:oops::p:rolleyes:

Definitely sounds to me like Tethrd is trying to now claim the glue isn’t needed so they don’t have to replace under warranty after the 30 day window (ie before most will get any real use which is hunting season)

I honestly think the release of these sticks in the spring was intentional due to people not being able to identify problems early on. Most people won't use them heavy until hunting season. Tethrd went to the bottom of my list for this shat show they got going on. Who's going to trust them now? let alone when your climbing in the dark...

I honestly think the release of these sticks in the spring was intentional due to people not being able to identify problems early on. Most people won't use them heavy until hunting season. Tethrd went to the bottom of my list for this shat show they got going on. Who's going to trust them now? let alone when your climbing in the dark...
I always thought the FEB-APR release dates were due to tax return money. This year there is stimulus involved, so its a good time for gear releases.

Also, the release was like AUG 2020, but you couldn't buy until recently. Depending on which podcast or post you read, it was due to covid or a rework of something to ensure the best climbing stick ever.

“Tethrd One Sticks - getting you one step closer to heaven” :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

That's for sure! Or maybe it stands for

ONE time use.
ONE dab of glue.
ONE lesson learned.
ONE chance for not breaking

I heard the new TWO sticks are held together by a patent pending camouflaged oxygen bond, making them weightless and invisible.

But for real, where are the videos of them sitting around a table with coffee talking about how they F'ed up bad on these ONEs and apologizing or at least explaining themselves. That seems like the only way to somewhat regain themselves. Money lost or not profiting as much as anticipated is all part of doing business. If it hurts them financially then so be it, but its much better than someone losing their life. Money is replaceable. Maybe they don't care because they are insured? Makes ONE wonder...

Dear Tethrd! With all that marketing and video jazz you do, you owe you community and customers an explanation for the recent shenanigans. It'll be ok, just tell the truth kids.

My guess is that this site, and this thread specifically, does not offer a high quality representation of the sentiment towards tethrd or the sticks across the entire customer base.

I'm thinking there's probably a pile of people who are perfectly happy with them that don't use the site or social media.

Dunking on tethrd in an echo chamber doesn't accomplish anything of value. If you actually want feedback from them, ask. Or create a public discussion worthy of joining.

Some of the jokes are funny. But the piling on seems really childish.

My guess is that this site, and this thread specifically, does not offer a high quality representation of the sentiment towards tethrd or the sticks across the entire customer base.

I'm thinking there's probably a pile of people who are perfectly happy with them that don't use the site or social media.

Dunking on tethrd in an echo chamber doesn't accomplish anything of value. If you actually want feedback from them, ask. Or create a public discussion worthy of joining.

The problem is, they are not telling the truth to their customers, and that deceiving. I wouldn't consider it an echo chamber, but more of a bunch of people that experienced the same issues and are venting collectively. I personally spent the 458.00$ on the sticks and got the see the problems first hand. I think the only "pile" here is the amount of returned sticks in the Tethrd warehouse currently. This is solely MY opinion based on what I've experienced, I'm sorry if you were personally impacted by my post.

I agree, thread should be in the Vendor section so they can comment if they want.

I agree, thread should be in the Vendor section so they can comment if they want.

They would for sure tell the truth then! :tearsofjoy: We all know they read or know about these threads, but haven't addressed them or the known issues publicly. They are the marketing and content kings in the saddle world, they are fully capable of doing so. I think they are pleading the 5th at this point.

Anything they spew at this point won’t be believed anyways... they lied about the prototypes, lied about the glue, lied about the stacking pins, etc. I’ve come to not expect much from them since the gen 1 predator debacle... if they weren’t willing to recall a know problem with a platform then I don’t expect anything different with these sticks. Fact of the matter is they aren’t what they used to be, and they’re making it pretty obvious to the community.

They would for sure tell the truth then! :tearsofjoy: We all know they read or know about these threads, but haven't addressed them or the known issues publicly. They are the marketing and content kings in the saddle world, they are fully capable of doing so. I think they are pleading the 5th at this point.

They can reply in the Vendor section. If we want to do it right, we should provide vendors a chance to respond. That simple.

Fair enough to be judgmental of the response or lack thereof when its open for dialogue.

Someone could start another one, or reach out to Tethrd to see if they're up for a Q/A.

It's a tough situation. The sticks appear well-designed, with "redundant" safety features (i.e. the pin saving butts when the glue breaks), a design that enforces favorable loading orientation on fasteners, etc. The stacking pin issue is super minor and understandable - maybe should have been handled somewhat differently (i.d. make the change before shipping, and for sticks in customers' hands offer to rework and resend, or store credit toward other stuff if you're doing their manufacturing work for them.

Another well-known vendor handled manufacturing issues with a cutting-edge climbing product similar to this, and they've had my business (and wholehearted public recommendations) whenever possible since.

The glue is a much tougher issue - it was clearly and unambiguously marketed as the structural support of these sticks, and we're seeing it fail. In my opinion, you really kinda need to recall in that case. If they'd marketed the sticks with the pin as the structural support and the glue for silence and solidity it would be a different matter (if still disappointing).

As an alternative a compelling safety argument could be made, with multiple tests on video (to failure) of glueless sticks, again along with some refund or store credit for accepting substandard sticks. And probably some changes made moving forward - whether a revised glue process or some other improvement ( say 2 roll pins!) to justify the price.

These are not necessarily easy choices to make, but they are important ones.

Someone could start another one, or reach out to Tethrd to see if they're up for a Q/A.

It's a tough situation. The sticks appear well-designed, with "redundant" safety features (i.e. the pin saving butts when the glue breaks), a design that enforces favorable loading orientation on fasteners, etc. The stacking pin issue is super minor and understandable - maybe should have been handled somewhat differently (i.d. make the change before shipping, and for sticks in customers' hands offer to rework and resend, or store credit toward other stuff if you're doing their manufacturing work for them.

Another well-known vendor handled manufacturing issues with a cutting-edge climbing product similar to this, and they've had my business (and wholehearted public recommendations) whenever possible since.

The glue is a much tougher issue - it was clearly and unambiguously marketed as the structural support of these sticks, and we're seeing it fail. In my opinion, you really kinda need to recall in that case. If they'd marketed the sticks with the pin as the structural support and the glue for silence and solidity it would be a different matter (if still disappointing).

As an alternative a compelling safety argument could be made, with multiple tests on video (to failure) of glueless sticks, again along with some refund or store credit for accepting substandard sticks. And probably some changes made moving forward - whether a revised glue process or some other improvement ( say 2 roll pins!) to justify the price.

These are not necessarily easy choices to make, but they are important ones.

I mean i'd rather just keep assuming deceit, maliciousness, malfeasance, and incompetence because... it's funner, right? I'm sure Tethrd is only in it to screw consumers and only want to make products that fail immediately because they're insanely greedy sellouts who have nothing but contempt and hate for their customers, stupid idiots that they are.

Haha... couldn't even finish typing that with a straight face.

Regardless there's a lot of assumptions and accusations being lobbed around. Pretty sad to see the rampant speculation here. Glad at least a few of you can manage to keep it professional.

I mean i'd rather just keep assuming deceit, maliciousness, malfeasance, and incompetence because... it's funner, right? I'm sure Tethrd is only in it to screw consumers and only want to make products that fail immediately because they're insanely greedy sellouts who have nothing but contempt and hate for their customers, stupid idiots that they are.

Haha... couldn't even finish typing that with a straight face.
At some point you have a warehouse full of sticks that aren't up to your marketing. There are no easy choices at that point, and the right ones are painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back