• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd One Climbing Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, they are not telling the truth to their customers, and that deceiving. I wouldn't consider it an echo chamber, but more of a bunch of people that experienced the same issues and are venting collectively. I personally spent the 458.00$ on the sticks and got the see the problems first hand. I think the only "pile" here is the amount of returned sticks in the Tethrd warehouse currently. This is solely MY opinion based on what I've experienced, I'm sorry if you were personally impacted by my post.

No need for apologies. But if it's not whining about tethrd being meanies, why are your first two posts on the site in this thread, with both of them whining about tethrd being meanies (Specifically, making claims with no evidence to back them up, in language that suggests emotional discomfort)?

Only after the behavior is noticed, you introduce your skin to the game (owning sticks that had issues, albeit with no evidence to support it).

That's not good faith argument. That's piling on.

I'm not personally affected by your specific behavior. I just get annoyed when people say they want good safe products from nice guys, and what they really want is to make loud noises in the name of picking tribes.

People can't honestly think that 30 pages of this thread, of which only about 5 are even remotely useful or decent conversation, will somehow get good information out of tethrd, or cause them to change the alleged naughty behavior. They don't think this. They're making noises to be heard. It's obvious. My 5 year old niece understands communication dynamics well enough to see through it.

But, trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, and operate under the assumption they actually want to advance the ball here, this isn't the way. Recognizing how tiny this room is, relative to the world in which these companies and products exist, is helpful in doing better.

No need for apologies. But if it's not whining about tethrd being meanies, why are your first two posts on the site in this thread, with both of them whining about tethrd being meanies (Specifically, making claims with no evidence to back them up, in language that suggests emotional discomfort)?

Only after the behavior is noticed, you introduce your skin to the game (owning sticks that had issues, albeit with no evidence to support it).

I'm not personally affected by your specific behavior. I just get annoyed when people say they want good safe products from nice guys, and what they really want is to make loud noises in the name of picking tribes.

People can't honestly think that 30 pages of this thread, of which only about 5 are even remotely useful or decent conversation, will somehow get good information out of tethrd, or cause them to change the alleged naughty behavior. They don't think this. They're making noises to be heard. It's obvious. My 5 year old niece understands communication dynamics well enough to see through it.

But, trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, and operate under the assumption they actually want to advance the ball here, this isn't the way. Recognizing how tiny this room is, relative to the world in which these companies and products exist, is helpful in doing better.
Probably the most accurate words out of all 28 pages, particularly the last paragraph.

I couldn't agree more here.

1/5 of this thread is productive. I don't own these sticks or any tethrd products for that matter other than an old lineman's belt. If you don't like the sticks, return them and move on. Good grief some of you guys are a bunch of whiners sometimes.

Just calling a spade a spade brother. Everything will be ok, no worries. Next time I'll make sure to comply with your posting sequence and credentials.

Just calling a spade a spade brother. Everything will be ok, no worries. Next time I'll make sure to comply with your posting sequence and credentials.
You have never made a post or liked a single thing on this entire sight that wasn't a thread bashing tethrd. How about you not criticize people who have spent many hours helping other people on this site and being generally positive contributors? Maybe you should try to add to the conversation or help someone else first before jumping on here and taking shots at people. I am sure you have thoughts and experiences that could add positively to the community.

Nothing is stopping tethrd from making a post in the vendor section. They are the kings if marketing, it could be a link to a YouTube video.

I started a thread in the Vendor Access area under Product Discussions and Reviews for Questions. I don't know if there will be dialogue, or not. Feel free to post questions related to the ONE stick there. Also, please be respectful and stay on topic so it doesn't get shut down. Thanks.

For argument's sake, "being heard" is the first step in impacting behavior. I also feel like things would be a bit different if this wasn't a repeat performance.

At this point the stage has been set and (in my opinion) its Tethrd’s turn to answer the questions & concerns we’ve discussed.

There’s no reason to “kick someone when they’re down”. I’m imagining their lawyers and engineers are working hard right now to figure out how they will maneuver through this situation.

The only question I have right now is, how long is too long regarding letting their customers know (publicly) the concerns about the glue breaking, roll pin integrity, etc...

Stay classy

At this point the stage has been set and (in my opinion) its Tethrd’s turn to answer the questions & concerns we’ve discussed.

There’s no reason to “kick someone when they’re down”. I’m imagining their lawyers and engineers are working hard right now to figure out how they will maneuver through this situation.

The only question I have right now is, how long is too long regarding letting their customers know (publicly) the concerns about the glue breaking, roll pin integrity, etc...

Stay classy

I wouldnt respond to the nonsense here if I were running an actual adult company. Even if there’s a single kernel of truth involved. The way this stuff goes, gives them the right to ignore it.

this is why I try to clean things up a little, and try to point the conversation in a direction that accomplishes something of value. Again, I get the desire to whine and be heard. We’re apes. But you can’t have both. There’s plenty of topics to signal what side you’re on, and how righteous or useful you are. Maybe I’m dull, but threads about actual safety concerns don’t seem like good bedfellows with virtue signaling.

Unfortunately they(their affiliates, or their "bros")control the content on fb pages. They can approve, delete or just silently remove content without even the original poster knowing....checkout the mods on fb pages, thats public info...that will show you where their loyalty lies(pun intended)...
Mods delete stuff here all the time, so that happens on all social forums it appears. When you are in charge you control what can be said I suppose.

For argument's sake, "being heard" is the first step in impacting behavior. I also feel like things would be a bit different if this wasn't a repeat performance.

yes, if being heard is part of a plan with a beginning and end. If being heard in the name of being heard is the prerogative, it’s just noise.

im afraid to admit I read this whole thread. And you can finish the posts that offer first person accounts of actual issues, and technical discussion with a goal of change or improvement, in about 5 minutes. The remaining 55 minutes is just a long fart.

I wouldnt respond to the nonsense here if I were running an actual adult company. Even if there’s a single kernel of truth involved. The way this stuff goes, gives them the right to ignore it.

this is why I try to clean things up a little, and try to point the conversation in a direction that accomplishes something of value. Again, I get the desire to whine and be heard. We’re apes. But you can’t have both. There’s plenty of topics to signal what side you’re on, and how righteous or useful you are. Maybe I’m dull, but threads about actual safety concerns don’t seem like good bedfellows with virtue signaling.

Pictures and videos of structural components breaking on brand new equipment isn’t “nonsense”.

In my opinion, there is no “side” when it comes to people’s safety.

Pictures and videos of structural components breaking on brand new equipment isn’t “nonsense”.

In my opinion, there is no “side” when it comes to people’s safety.

agree, unequivocally.

that’s my point. There’s important stuff in here. And we give license to ignore it with 20 pages of dookie.

I honestly don’t think anyone from Tethrd reads or responds here much anymore. Threads like this are the reason why. They got beat up over the platform they built now this and not one of you talk about any other company like you bad mouth Tethrd.

*I’ll drop disclaimer #1 here: I personally don’t own anything Tethrd but a hat and a sticker*

What other company has done as much for saddle hunting as Tethrd? How many have teach and trains like Tethrd? There not all bad, it’s time some of you grow up a little so we can have honest, open conversations about products.

*disclaimer #2 I personally know most of the guys of Tethrd and consider the ones I know friends.*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that this site, and this thread specifically, does not offer a high quality representation of the sentiment towards tethrd or the sticks across the entire customer base.

I'm thinking there's probably a pile of people who are perfectly happy with them that don't use the site or social media.

Dunking on tethrd in an echo chamber doesn't accomplish anything of value. If you actually want feedback from them, ask. Or create a public discussion worthy of joining.

Some of the jokes are funny. But the piling on seems really childish.

Facebook 2.0

I am truly saddened with the state of this site. I feel like an old timer begging for the "good old days" to come back.

I would also like to add that I have dealt with all of the tethrd guys at some point or another and I don't have anything bad to say about them. They're made some mistakes in manufacturing.. Can you name a company that hasn't?

Why do grown men feel the need to bash other people and then come up with 900 different theories about why they did this or that.. sickening..

What other company has done as much for saddle hunting as Tethrd? How many have teach and trains like Tethrd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree, Tethrd has taken saddle hunting mainstream. I’m looking at the “Join Dates” of a lot of guys here and not many were around during the good times on this forum. Back when we modded sit drags 7,000 different ways, definitely doing some questionable things in regards to safety. When Tethrd had pre-orders for the Predator platform, we all ate that thing up.

BUT having said that, unfortunately Tethrd has a bad wrap when it comes to first generation equipment. I unfortunately know first hand as my Predator snapped under my feet.

Tethrd has done so much for saddle hunters, but when in comes to people’s safety there’s no excuses.

It’s definitely the same song and dance on here. For three years we’ve been hearing how Tethrd is putting out unsafe products. First it was the mantis was unsafe because it has an amsteel bridge (rope untested for this application). It’s been three plus years when considering people using diy saddles with amsteel and as far as I know there hasn’t been any injuries due to using amsteel as a bridge. People are still expressing this concern today. I guess one will have to dry rot or someone will have to leave it outside for squirrels to eat it so the “I told you so” crowd can feel righteous. Next was the gen 1 predator. Again, it’s been 3 years, no catastrophic failures and no injuries reported that I’ve heard of. The only thing people have been able to come up with are some theoretical accidents that could happen. So far it’s been nothing more than an aggravation about spending good money on something that broke. If you’re worried about it you can break it ground level and they’ll send you a new gen 2 model. I’m sure there’s a pile of gen 1 platforms still working like a charm, including mine. Now it’s the one sticks. I’m pretty sure I’ve watched Garrett Prahl’s wife use them in his you tube videos. I don’t know Garrett, but he doesn’t seem like the type to let his wife use a death trap to make a few bucks off you guys. If you’re that concerned about safety then send them back. If you’re pissed about how much money you spent only for the glue to come off, then send them back. The most that needs to be said is “Hey guys just want to let everyone know the glue came off my sticks and I’m scared about the safety aspects so I’m sending mine back”. As others have said before, the rest is just noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back