• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Let's see them small boats!!

This winter I upgraded the boat I posted a pic of previously in this thread, to this one:

IMG_20210110_144144364.jpgIMG_6506.jpg

It's kind of a neat story. We were debating on getting a newer boat all last fall but, the more I looked at both new and used fish and ski boats I just couldn't find anything that we liked. They either didn't work for me on the fishing side or there was something my wife didn't like about the skiing/family side. As I was perusing different models/years and layouts I stumbled across a couple stock pictures of a yellow and silver Triton 220 Escape. I showed it to my wife and told her this was the boat we needed. I started trying to find that model but, quickly realized that they were only made a handful of years, are hard to find and expensive when you do, so we gave up and decided to keep our old boat that was paid for. About 3 weeks later the boat in the pic above pops up on my wife's Facebook feed. It was located in SC and priced significantly less than similar boats I had found. It also turns out that this was the first Escape model made by Triton in 2016 and was their demo boat that was used for all of their stock photos and brochures. So when I stumbled across the stock pictures of the yellow and black Escape online and I told my wife that "this was the boat we needed" I was looking at a picture of the exact boat we ended up buying, not just the same color and model but, the exact same boat.

Last edited:
My only other hobby besides hunting!!!! Collecting piece of junk boats that are lucky to float.....
10 ft bass hound
Screenshot_20210325-145955.png

Skeeter ss140(for sale $950) lolScreenshot_20210325-145407.png

And my 16ft lowe Screenshot_20210325-145329.png

Plus a couple kayaks that i use a lot.

A lot of these don’t seem to be “small boats”!

I made a good memory being the first on the bay with my 14’ Lund this season. I had to drag it across the ice to launch. It was awesome! That tilt trailer comes in real handy for ice loading.
1BF057FC-FD52-4FCA-8353-4743A980587D.png

Last edited:
A lot of these don’t seem to be “small boats”!

I made a good memory becoming the first on the bay with my 14’ Lund this season. I had to drag it across the ice to launch. It was awesome! That tilt trailer comes in real handy for ice season.View attachment 46206

It's all relative. :)
Screenshot_20210325-202510.png

Couple old canoes on a trip a while back.
4A082945-3CE2-4292-BAC2-41317836F4AB.jpeg

1248 Weldbilt Jon with a 25hp Mariner. Running trotlines that day, and stopped at an old camp to cook up some groceries. Angelina River.

E01F54DA-FC9B-4B62-9945-C8D1D30E73BB.jpeg

I was able to stuff a nice buck in my Old Town Discovery 158 this year. I bought it 2 years ago and have caught a lot of trout out of it. This is the first deer that I put in it.
4cd93e368173e000f7a1a6c4ca87afac.jpg
16ca7c620a583a7c0aa202e59b022ae2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I used to do that, but we fished waters where we needed a trailer. For about 12 years, we took trips to Ontario, wilderness camped,20180806_170804-1.jpg fished small lakes that we could not get the truck into. So we used a ATV, toy hauler trailer and we needed a boat with trailer.
Also there are several lake that we camp at in the states where we may not be able to leave the boat in the water all night. Also need to recharge boat battery. So having a boat trailer makes it a lot easier. To load the boat, all I do is install ramps and the winch does the work. No motor to lift, no seats to install, no battery to lift.

Polish_20210605_220206874.png

16' Scott Deep Duck Boat...
Planes out with a 9.9 and does 17-20 mph with 2 people in it. 9' trays down each side for decoys, guns, fly rods, or long musky rods. Stable enough for 2 people to stand on the bench seats and fish or shoot carp. Easy to launch, load, and trailer. A badass little rig for small water and HP restricted lakes.

View attachment 47890

16' Scott Deep Duck Boat...
Planes out with a 9.9 and does 17-20 mph with 2 people in it. 9' trays down each side for decoys, guns, fly rods, or long musky rods. Stable enough for 2 people to stand on the bench seats and fish or shoot carp. Easy to launch, load, and trailer. A badass little rig for small water and HP restricted lakes.
dumbest thing I ever did was get rid of my little v-hull. It ran just as skinny as a flat-bottomed jon and was WAY more seaworthy if it got a little rough.

There are a lot of HP restricted waters near where I live... Some are 20 hp or less, 10 HP or less, electric motors only, or paddle power only. I just added oars and oarlocks last year, so now I have all bases covered.

Would love to fill a deer tag with it... I've come close a couple times, but no dice yet.

Back