• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear Testing Exchange

Could simply ship it to someone and then send them a message with tracking number, and then invoice the renter the shipping cost, so the owner of the gear is not out of anything.

You ever let a guy shoot your bow or borrow your saw?

If you're genuinely worried about that, I think the idea is dead in the water. I'm guessing it's next to impossible to fully negate all risk of a lawsuit and that goes for selling or renting.

How did I know @kyler1945 wasn't going to play hide the pickle with me when I met him for the first time in the literal middle of nowhere under a tractor shed at 11pm on a dark and rainy night? I didn't. I just intuited that posing as a saddlehunter to lure victims was statistically unlikely compared to the odds of him legitimately just extending the offer to enjoy hot coffee and a cold hunt, and that intuition proved correct.
Haha! I hear ya. But I do like the:
Who's going first? Help a brother out and make a few bucks is capitalism at its finest.

Well this took off! I would pay for shipping and return shipping for a WEI perch if someone has one they are willing to "rent out". could paypal invoice for upfront shipping cost.
I'll do it...it has a couple holes drilled in it for a custom platform I was trying to make and it's a Gen 1 but you're welcome to give it a shot.

I'll post up more stuff as I dig through the closet.

Hang tight fellas. Great idea, working logistics now.

I get a 10% commission for bird dogging this idea and it is currently being llc! HAHAHA

Out of curiosity, how would one make it right if they messed up an out of production pack like the badlands silent stalker or any other hard to replace item. Love the gear loan program idea btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you, maybe me, and lots of guys I think you're spot-on. But for some guys there is a perceived risk of loss to buying and trying if you know you're gonna resell.
Or guys that are too lazy to sell the stuff they they tried for like 5 minutes or 2 hunts and didn't like.

Out of curiosity, how would one make it right if they messed up an out of production pack like the badlands silent stalker or any other hard to replace item. Love the gear loan program idea btw.

Good question. Insurance company would say cost of replacement I guess. So it would depend on what an equivalent pack costs in today's dollars. May be in my interest for somebody to tear it up!

Good question. Insurance company would say cost of replacement I guess. So it would depend on what an equivalent pack costs in today's dollars. May be in my interest for somebody to tear it up!

I’d send it back to badlands and let them frankenstitch the thing back together using their no questions asked warranty.

I’d send it back to badlands and let them frankenstitch the thing back together using their no questions asked warranty.

Or that. I'm reasonable. I think the whole idea kinda depends on realizing it's disposable income and toys. If you really were to tear it up, it's not like you wrecked my car or burned my house or crashed my laptop. You just finished burning the money I already set on fire.

Black Widow Bows has a similar policy. They ship you a bow to try. If you want one the money goes towards a new custom bow. Send it back and you get a refund. Might be an idea for the manufacturers.

Or that. I'm reasonable. I think the whole idea kinda depends on realizing it's disposable income and toys. If you really were to tear it up, it's not like you wrecked my car or burned my house or crashed my laptop. You just finished burning the money I already set on fire.

Great point. Actually I think something like that should be discussed up front on the rental agreement.

I would love for Saddlehunter.com be the entity doing this biz. I’d pay 50 or 100.00 a year to try gear. Vendors give SH demo’s, there’s a posted schedule. User pays shipping, their card is on file. You don’t ship to next person or back to SH, you’re billed full amount.

seems simple and cash in reds pocket for putting up with our crap

@Red Beard how did the broadhead thing u had going turn out? All parties that were interested tested and peeps got thier stuff back? @always89y can comment on this as well... Any feedback for these guys based on ur "Sally" experience...

Ya, ive done a few saddles this way. Sally and more recently the Girdle. Everyone was more than honorable, and it was open to whoever wanted in. Sally was out for about a year with upwards of 30/35 folks trying it out and providing feedback. Even had her signed by most! Wouldnt try that on any other forum, thats for sure.

The broadhead test kit was a hit. Bunch of folks partook without a hiccup. Nothing lost or misplaced. In fact, it returned to me with more samples than what it originally left with.

@Weldabeast Thank you for reminding me about this by the way! I need to start it up again since the season is over and folks are starting to tinker.

I saw this on another thread the other day, where members were wanting to try out the EZV sight and would ship it to other members to see if it would work for their set up. It got me thinking, what if we did that with other gear as well, such as platforms and such. We could set up a honor system where the member who is looking to try out certain gear could cover the shipping and handling cost to receive and return back the gear to the original owner. Would this be something people would be interested in doing?
In order to maintain the flow & feel of the forum gear/ items are definitely allowed for loan & participants can pm all details of shipping/payment. This like all previous versions is honor system based & use at your own risk. There has been a bunch of success with this in the past with @always89y saddle ,ranch fairy test kit & others. If it’s formalized it can become a scammers paradise & that’s the main reason but to. So have at it but posting a want to borrow ad & having a good presence on the forum is your best avenue.

Back