• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hinge release from a saddle.

Lowg08

I’ve been hunting for a year with a hinge for a year from the ground or tree stand. I’m thinking a wrist release would be better considering some of the weak side shots or holding at odd positions. I could set my release quite a bit colder than on the edge of going off but I’d rather not. Does anyone have any experience with the hinge in a saddle. I will be exclusively using a saddle this year

I have a sweet spot pro I'm gonna try from a saddle. It's got a safety. You might look into it

Last edited:
I only own hinges for releases. I’m sure I could keep the peg wrapped. I just worry about stuff like that

After years of shooting it seems like i can only really trust my hinge release to perform a surprise shot.

I'm going to hunt with my hinge for the first time this year. That being said, i don't think that there is any reason why it wouldn't work because nothing regarding your anchor or shoulders should change no matter the shot.

I’m going to practice heavily between now and hunting season

Back