• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's your dumbest injury?

floydfreak

Earlier this week I manged to find my self in an emergency room with a smashed up pinky. Long story short I was working out when I fell off a bosu ball holding some small kettle bells. I ended up crushing the tip of my pinky under the kettle bell. As a result the pinky nail came completely off and I most likely have a hair line fracture. On top of that the emergency room clearly had Covid patients mixed in so I've been self quarantining until I can get a test tomorrow.

Needless to say I feel pretty dumb right now. Figured I'd find some solace in hear some of your more hilarious injury stories.

Great topic.

I think I was 19. I was a camp counselor and on the second day of a two week camp I was teaching my young campers how to pop a wet towel. The target of choice was one of those thick plastic cups you would find it a Pizza Hut. The big red one.I ended up Indiana Jonesing that thing right into my lip. I went down like a sack of rocks. No stitches because I’m a man and it was rural Mississippi but I still have the scar. I walked around for two weeks with a nasty cut on my lip in the hot Mississippi summer. No hooking up with any female counselors that year that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While preparing to compete in an observed trials event on a motorcycle, in the "expert" class no less. Prior to the start of the event I had an embarrassing slow speed tip over where I bent my right wrist backwards enough to break both bones in my arm at the wrist. I tried to tape up my wrist to try to compete anyway but it didn't work. I ended up in a cast up to my armpit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My dumbest? I was slicing an onion without paying attention and keeping the tip of my knife pointed down, the top layer slipped and redirected the knife blade. Before I knew it I put the knife through the tip of my left index finger. Imaging the feeling of cutting through a carrot but you're also on the recieving end of that too. That was three years ago, it still hurts to play the guitar.

My friends and I found a lid to a cooking pot while we were out playing in the woods. We decided it would be fun to play frisbee and when I caught it the lid cut the webbing in-between the thumb and index down really far and required stitches/staple combo to bring the two meat halves back together....

My drunk friend ran me over with his stupid dodge neon...

Those are some of the dumber 1s that come to mind.

I don't keep many friends now...seems saver this way

Edit:.... Everytime I punched myself in the face while shooting bow and arrows

I was walking fast around my tent and tripped on a stake. That was my first mistake, the second was my reflex to catch myself(which I did a fine job)causing my tricep to tear under the severe load.
I went into shock with chills..

17 just before I graduated high school. Had a little mini bike I used to ride around the yard. One day took it over to my buddies house. Decided to see how fast it would go down the paved road. On the way back I though the rear wheel was doing something funny. I shifted my weight wrong to look at the back wheel. Handel bars went Into a death wobble, and I went over. Broke my hand. Road rash on my ankle. About 2 years later up at a friend's cabin on a 4 wheeler, started seeing how fast I could go in R. Yep. Rolled it over and broke my other hand. All things considered I was pretty lucky. But some days the cold weather reminds me of those brilliant moments. Oh yeah, and according to my buddy, I hit a little over 30mph. Both were pretty close to a rednecks last words. Hold my beer and watch this.

Teaching my youngest step son to use the air trim nailer...he's afraid of everything. So, I hold up a 1/4" think chunk of wood and say, "Listen, all you have to do is press it against the wood and pull the trigger like this..." And then it happened, I sent a 1" long, 18-guage brad nail through the wood, through my index finger, straight through the bone. It hurt like...well you can probably imagine and I damn near passed out but played it off, looked at my son and said, "Okay...easy right? Lay that piece down on this 2x4 and give it a shot." So he did and found that it wasn't something to be afraid of so I let him nail the board until the gun empty. "Hey bud, go see mom and ask her a whats for dinner."

I then went outside the garage and unleashed a stream of expletives that educated a few neighbor kids who were walking by and then my wife came outside..."That's an impressive blood trail you left on the concrete, Cam said you shot a nail your finger but played it off well. Are you okay?" So I hold my finger and show her and she about passes out! "Hey don't pass out yet, you gotta get the pliers and pull this outta my finger!"

Last October I was tightening bolts that hold the steps on my sticks. I was using a dewalt drill and when the lock nut locked up it rotated the stick real fast like a hatchet right in to my face. Drove my self to the ER and took 12 stitches to the face.
1cb4881e2a73b9c6b4d82ef9b39f09dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teaching my youngest step son to use the air trim nailer...he's afraid of everything. So, I hold up a 1/4" think chunk of wood and say, "Listen, all you have to do is press it against the wood and pull the trigger like this..." And then it happened, I sent a 1" long, 18-guage brad nail through the wood, through my index finger, straight through the bone. It hurt like...well you can probably imagine and I damn near passed out but played it off, looked at my son and said, "Okay...easy right? Lay that piece down on this 2x4 and give it a shot." So he did and found that it wasn't something to be afraid of so I let him nail the board until the gun empty. "Hey bud, go see mom and ask her a whats for dinner."

I then went outside the garage and unleashed a stream of expletives that educated a few neighbor kids who were walking by and then my wife came outside..."That's an impressive blood trail you left on the concrete, Cam said you shot a nail your finger but played it off well. Are you okay?" So I hold my finger and show her and she about passes out! "Hey don't pass out yet, you gotta get the pliers and pull this outta my finger!"
If your nails would have had a higher FOC I bet you would have got a pass thru...... Sounds like you had a good blood trail.

I friend I worked with shot himself with a framing nail in the neck....he almost died but it's funny now

Well......let’s just say it involved no skivvies and a zipper. You can figure out the rest, but I will tell you this much.....there’s only one way to recover and that’s to unzip.

Pictures or it didn't ha......haaaaa jk

Nobody wants to see that. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The one that messed with my head the most was putting a screw through my finger tip, missed the bone and stopped at the nail on the other side before I even realized what happened. Had to put the drill in reverse and back the screw out to get my hand out of the wall.

Back