• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New platform/hang on ?

Slowclimb53

Today Out on A Limb posted a video on Facebook of Matthew Garris working in his shop and about 16:45 minutes in he showed a quick 10 second video of something called the crosshair didn’t say what it was gonna be. Almost to small for a hang on but kinda big for a platform anyway thought I’d see what any of you thought it was.

Today Out on A Limb posted a video on Facebook of Matthew Garris working in his shop and about 16:45 minutes in he showed a quick 10 second video of something called the crosshair didn’t say what it was gonna be. Almost to small for a hang on but kinda big for a platform anyway thought I’d see what any of you thought it was.
Could it be a climbing platform in the works? I’m only guessing, interesting whatever it is.

4c532b2a7defe98150b6945482233bb6.jpg

a523d9e92d045f0de4748e6dd5d1b9b0.jpg

d30a7d7022cb0dbe2c8df9c51f3e0520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it like the bottom of a climbing tree stand? Hook your tether in. Advance up the tree with the platform semi on your feet and a tether???? Gonna change to way you hunt!

Anyone heard anything knew on this I wonder if it will be released before the season or just in testing phase?

It looks like a climber maybe for saddles? Maybe it’s for a tree stand? All I know is Out on a limb makes phenomenal products and I’ll most likely invest in whatever he comes up with next

Last edited:
Well it’s definitely not the Hush...so is it the much desired saddle climber??

Which is a larger RR... I'm talking more rectangular, Mission/Seeker size & style. Maybe not, a climbing platform would be interesting.
That larger Ridge runner doesn’t need to seeker or mission style. The RR XL is plenty spacious and bites down like crazy. Just wish it packed down a little flatter. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a climber style platform

Which is a larger RR... I'm talking more rectangular, Mission/Seeker size & style. Maybe not, a climbing platform would be interesting.

That larger Ridge runner doesn’t need to seeker or mission style. The RR XL is plenty spacious and bites down like crazy. Just wish it packed down a little flatter. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a climber style platform

Yep. The rrXL feels nearly as spacious as a LWCG .5 hybrid, and solid when set. It's underrated.

I don't know what Matt has up his sleeve. Could it be a larger platform, sure.

From what I see, it's pretty mysterious. Maybe he's just f'n with us. :)

The cutout suggests space for a post (assuming that's the tree side). There is no V bracket or V-bars (yet?). No dog ears. The metal edging extends well beyond what looks to be a platform (I wouldn't want to sit on it), for now. It angles in at the inside corners, why? It's smaller than a mallet and about the size of 16 tape measures and not much wider than at most 2 gloves, so it's not all that big. The name reflects how it looks but also suggests duality.

Is it a cam climber? Looks a bit narrow for a Tree Lounge style climbing apparatus.

Is it a purpose built micro hybrid stand (no-one has intentionally built a stand for hybrid use and that includes the .5)?

My assessment is...it's unfinished. We'll know more when Matt finishes the Crosshair.

Last edited:
Love the climber concept. I just want to see how they can make it so you can get around limbs and such plus not shift if pushing from a side angle! Otherwise it’s just a regular climber bottom that you can use from any old climber. Hoping for the best!!

Back