• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk ROS

While looking for them I found this. Not a bad deal to test them out. Looks like they come with a cam buckle strap. I just bought a treehopper ROS off the classifieds but but like a smaller packing setup for one sticking.

They look like a copy of skyhook steps. I would definitely plan on replacing the strap and adding an ocb buckle. They should work well. Maybe they will add a single step option for those looking for a climbing method and I always use five steps for a ros.

While I do use hawk sticks, I have been unimpressed with their forays into the other markets. As for the sticks, they are great, but the straps they came with I have an issue with.

If I do end up buying the steps I'll definitely pair them with a OCB to make sure I get them solid on the tree.

I decided to give these a try. Ordered them through the place I linked in an earlier post. I'll report back when I get them. But who knows when that will be since it was a pre order.

I hate my old hawk sticks but I want one of those foldable steps for a bow holder. Exactly what I've been looking for. Has anyone actually bought these? Even their website doesn't work. I can't find anything saying if/when they're available?

I hate my old hawk sticks but I want one of those foldable steps for a bow holder. Exactly what I've been looking for. Has anyone actually bought these? Even their website doesn't work. I can't find anything saying if/when they're available?
No idea when man. I pre ordered the fixed ones. Might just have to wait and see.

Update for the monkey bar steps. I received my shipping notice today so hoping to have them at some point next week. I'll try them out and compare to my ameristeps and treehoppers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 month ship time?

3 month ship time?
They were pre ordered so yeah it took a while to get a shipping notice. The place I ordered through was one of the few places that was allowing pre orders So I figured I'd give it a shot.

Tracking info says I should have them Monday. Interested in seeing them in person.

Thought I'd do a little follow up after doing a quick bench top comparison with the steps. I can't remember where I put my treehopper steps at the moment but here's a few pictures of the steps compared to an Ameristep.

The Hawks come with a cam buckle strap with a metal hook end to attach to the tree. I haven't weighed them yet but I will try to find the time this week to find my treehoppers and maybe even put them on a tree.

40a397a5e119646337bd27861d7ed8e5.jpg
84f52652cf7302c43bd6c976afc755b2.jpg
03c90e88889e2947b1fb763c80fa1354.jpg
d2b94f986eebb184eeb160b5a1e42e63.jpg

I'm going to put them on a cam over strap and test them out one of these days. Just need to order the strap.

I may just have to grab a second set
I picked up two set just to see. They are actually better than I expected but the cam strap is terrible. I used an OCB strap and they hold great with that strap. A ratchet strap would work great too. But these steps are definitely worth $50-$70 for a 4 pack. Although I’m still partial to my squirrel steps!

Back